• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hats off to Seattle....

Jeremy Igo

The thing I notice about Seattle, no matter how much haters want to argue that the stadium architecture makes it louder than it actually is, is that the fan atmosphere is a living culture. It's a "thing" to be a 12th Man. You saw SO many people decked out in costumes and face paint, yelling their ASS off. Hardly anyone dresses up at BOA. I sat in the annoying silver seats for seven years and I can't tell you how many khaki-wearing bankers were there in their polos. And so many of the seats were sold game by game too, meaning you'd get "first timers" too timid to cheer. I know there are pockets in the Clink like that too but it just seems like it's something meaningful up there. Hell, even the Seattle Sounders have insane support. Like some guy said in the Game Thread, it's like the entire place is a student section of a college football game. Heck, look at Duke basketball. The Cameron Crazies. That's what Seahawk fans are like. It's truly special.

Thanks.

I was impressed with the Panthers run Defense.

Your team held Lynch down real good.. It didn't help that he was sick today.. He puked up Skittles on the sidelines. I hear he almost couldn't play at all.

Also Newton did a good job taking advantage of our replacement CB. Byron Maxwell was also sick.

I had a good time reading your boards posts over the last few days.

Looks like you guys come back up here in 2015 instead of us going down to Carolina. Looking forward to ANOTHER great game with the Panthers. Now that the team has been here the surroundings will be more familiar and I can see the score being closer than it was today.

Hopefully you will be scheduled early in the season so those of you that make the trip can enjoy some sunshine and more comfortable walking around weather.

Now it's time for us to think about Dallas or Green Bay.

Thanks again for your hospitality.

Their defense is just legit.  We were just a few plays away.

Seattle is clearly the better team right now, but I truly feel the difference is not that large.  With some personnel and offensive coaching upgrades we can be right there with them

They picked on our rookies early. Even the first 2 TD passes by Wilson were lucky. Tre bit and let Baldwin behind him, but it's not like Wilson was responsible for that, he just felt the pressure and threw it up, before Baldwin got open. The second Td should have been offensive PI.. Kearse fully extended his arm to get the separation.

They picked on our rookies early. Even the first 2 TD passes by Wilson were lucky. Tre bit and let Baldwin behind him, but it's not like Wilson was responsible for that, he just felt the pressure and threw it up, before Baldwin got open. The second Td should have been offensive PI.. Kearse fully extended his arm to get the separation.

It's funny how fans can look at the same play and see it differently depending on which team they're rooting for. I saw a receiver whose arm was being grabbed so egregiously that he had to make the catch with his only free hand. You saw a receiver illegally pushing off and making a one-handed catch for some other reason. And the refs didn't agree with either of us.

Carolina Fans,

Thanks for the great game......I thought your team fought tooth and nail and put a little scare into the Seahawks.  You should be proud of how your team played and tried to knock us off.  Good luck to your team next year and I've enjoyed reading all your posts this past week.   

It's funny how fans can look at the same play and see it differently depending on which team they're rooting for. I saw a receiver whose arm was being grabbed so egregiously that he had to make the catch with his only free hand. You saw a receiver illegally pushing off and making a one-handed catch for some other reason. And the refs didn't agree with either of us.

If he didn't catch it the Panthers would have been flagged for PI.  It was clear that we initiated the PI.  Just have to take off the team glasses.

I've read this a couple times on here,  but go back and watch it - The Carolina DB puts his hand on Kearse before the ball got there and Kearse uses his hand to push the Panther's DB's hand away....it was hand fighting and a good no call in my book.

As for Igo's initial comments about the Fan Volume....fair assessment, but honestly you didn't get the 12th man at full volume tonight - it hit for a moment in pregame, but wasn't as loud throughout the game as it had been in the past.  I think the reason for that there were a lot of first timers at the game....too many Season TIcketholders sold their tickets with the assumption they could make some money and still go to the NFC Championship.  Kind of greedy and presumptive if you ask me.

Anyways, just wanted to say Great Game Panther fans - it had me nervous for a bit, especially our inability to get you guys off the field at times.  Looking forward to playing your team again in our house next year! 

Archived