• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crowd Noise: New Orleans vs Seattle

Jeremy Igo

Clink has only caused 3 false start penalties this season. 7 at BoA.

Not impressed.....

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

And those 3 were against Colin Kaepernick, who has the most false start penalties at home...

There isn't any noise pumped into the Clink, once you actually go and see the fans you will understand why.  It was already investigated several times.

During any opponent offensive series, there will hardly be anyone sitting and all will be yelling, but in a manner that the noise doesn't lapse.  No chant, no rhythm, just constant noise from 1st down until the offense is on the field.   Small break between plays, but regardless of the score the fans will not quit.  In some places the crowd can be taken out of the game, that won't happen here.  There just isn't any other stadium that I have been to where the fans just never quit, with everyone being involved.

It will seem every bit as loud as a dome at times, but whatever it seems like, no one can hear on the field and that is all that matters.  The only person that seems to think it isn't really loud is Pam Oliver, but she is a Niner fan.  Heh, she will be there today, maybe we can troll her with noise. 

Ummm...

After hearing sustained rock-concert decibels from the Seahawks' crowd last month, Cardinals tight end Jim Dray reveled in the sound of silence.

In Arizona's 17-10 victory at Seattle on Dec. 22, Carson Palmer's game-winning 31-yard touchdown to Michael Floyd produced Seattle's first home loss since 2011 and turned CenturyLink Field from ear-splitting to eerily quiet.

Dray knew his team had done something when he heard nothing.

"I was pass-protecting on the play and I couldn't see what was happening," Dray said in a phone interview Tuesday. "But the stadium went absolutely quiet. That was pretty fun."

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/For-49ers-silencing-Seattle-requires-a-certain-5144135.php

I know that was last year, but y'all can be silenced... and I think you will be again!

There isn't any noise pumped into the Clink, once you actually go and see the fans you will understand why. It was already investigated several times.

During any opponent offensive series, there will hardly be anyone sitting and all will be yelling, but in a manner that the noise doesn't lapse. No chant, no rhythm, just constant noise from 1st down until the offense is on the field. Small break between plays, but regardless of the score the fans will not quit. In some places the crowd can be taken out of the game, that won't happen here. There just isn't any other stadium that I have been to where the fans just never quit, with everyone being involved.

It will seem every bit as loud as a dome at times, but whatever it seems like, no one can hear on the field and that is all that matters. The only person that seems to think it isn't really loud is Pam Oliver, but she is a Niner fan. Heh, she will be there today, maybe we can troll her with noise.

Carolina has to go to the Superdome every season....year in and year out. So the noise won't be the same culture shock as it is to those teams who only deal with it once every 5-7 years or so

Yeah but BOA is one of the quieter stadiums,I wonder how that's so?

because our team constantly lets us down. we dont feel like cheering hard when just as we do so, the opponent gets a first down from 12 yards away or worse, runs the ball for 40 yards. 

the difference was noted last week when AZ came to town. the only time the crowd got quiet was in the 3rd quarter when it looked like the Panthers were about to give the game away. the rest of the game the crowd couldnt shut up.

Tonight we silence "the 12th man."

You will, every time the Seahawks offense is on the field.  Other than that, a loss is the only way to silence them.  A very rare occurance playoffs or not.   The Panthers will be playing against noise for the entire game no matter the score.

The things I just don't get is, yes, it's loud, but is it dramatically louder than New Orleans? I doubt it. Hell, people forget that college football exists and is as big as the nfl in some areas, and places like Bama, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Texas just to name a few pack in 100,000+ people. With or without design, I have a hard time imagining 60,000 people being louder than 110,000 people, and a lot of these athletes have competed in front of that. Give us the "loud", we'll just silence them and shock the world!

Here is why the crowd noise should not be a huge factor--

We have to get off to a fast start vs. Seattle, like we did this season vs. NO and ATL.  We need to take Lynch out of the game by forcing Russell to pass.  People pass more when behind.  That allows us to run more.

Brenson Buckner (DL coach of the Cardinals) said something interesting on the radio yesterday (or the day before).  He said, "Seattle shows 8 in the box to try to trick you into passing into their strength--the secondary."  He said teams that succeeded vs. them in Seattle--like Dallas--ran the ball. 

Archived