• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crowd Noise: New Orleans vs Seattle

Jeremy Igo

There isn't any noise pumped into the Clink, once you actually go and see the fans you will understand why.  It was already investigated several times.

During any opponent offensive series, there will hardly be anyone sitting and all will be yelling, but in a manner that the noise doesn't lapse.  No chant, no rhythm, just constant noise from 1st down until the offense is on the field.   Small break between plays, but regardless of the score the fans will not quit.  In some places the crowd can be taken out of the game, that won't happen here.  There just isn't any other stadium that I have been to where the fans just never quit, with everyone being involved.

It will seem every bit as loud as a dome at times, but whatever it seems like, no one can hear on the field and that is all that matters.  The only person that seems to think it isn't really loud is Pam Oliver, but she is a Niner fan.  Heh, she will be there today, maybe we can troll her with noise. 

It's a good idea with how thy set the stadium up and with aluminum benches and whatnot. It gets their fans more involved as they buy into the whole thing but they are not louder humans than anywhere else in the world.

I was watching NFL Network and one of the analyst was saying that the stadium is loud and explained that he was at the stadium before a game once and the ground crew was doing some pressure washing and it was louder than he had ever heard a pressure washer and he could barely hear anything even then.

It is something I wish they would incorporate here (highly doubtful though) but by no means are they magically louder than everyone else in North America.

Archived