• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Having seen the Ravens

tim

Yeah I have to admit I've been slack watching the practice games this year. Although I've been a little torn on the subject it's probably time the NFL shortens the pre-season. The first two games are basically televised, and full price ticket inter squad scrimmages.

You know I <3 you but I don't agree. I think the coaches need 4 preseason games to evaluate their guys. And there's no developmental league anymore (THANKS ROGER!!!!). Also since 2002, there have been 32 teams and talent is more scarce.

The bad part about this offense is it seems rarely can you develop a WR who can produce in a vertical passing game. Other systems make the WR position seem so easy to plug in anybody. Here, requires a lot of athleticism and skill.

From my understanding, the WCO is far easier for WRs because they have their set routes on a play and that's it. That play is called, they run that route. In this system (at least the Davidson/Pats version) the WR has to read the defense and be on the same page as his QB. It requires a better football IQ. It's part of why, for example, Stallworth was a better fit in Philly than he was in NE. He never "got" that offense in NE. The Pats do HORRIBLE drafting WRs. I think it's hard to get them becaue you don't often see those skills in college WRs. It's all projection. Look at all the WRs the Pats have now. Not one of them is a guy they drafted. The best one they ever drafted since BB has been there had less than 1k yards in his best year (Branch).

Archived