• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Panthers win division at 9-7?

Matt Foley

i think the whole NFC south is due for a recession.

our NFC division matchup is one we really suck against. that's a big reason in itself.

also between the Saints, Panthers, and Falcons, no one team is head and shoulders above the rest. The Bucs I think are just a year away from contending if at all, i don't think it's their year to take the spotlight in this division.

The race though will be close enough to keep you on the edge of your seats, though.

Carolina/New Orleans season finale will probably be a race to the division win between an 8-7 team vs a 9-6 team, or two 8-7 teams or two 9-6 teams.

Four-way tie at 8-8.

Nah. But honestly, to me this division is a toss-up right now. Everyone's saying the Bucs will be in the cellar, but you never know. Maybe Ward tears it up and Leftwich is the Comeback Player of the Year and they win the division.

I'm not going to call a winner because I can't see anything that points me to who it'll be. Last year, I was confident the Panthers would take the crown, not so sure what's going to happen this year. I have one hunch though: New Orleans finishes better than Atlanta.

While at the start of every season I want the end result for the Panthers to be a Super Bowl win, this year 9-7 is really all I am wanting. I will gladly take a wildcard spot, division title or better but just having back to back winning seasons is number one.

As for winning the division at 9-7...I really don't think that will happen. Atlanta is a good team and so are the Panthers. One of those two will end up with at least 10 wins if not more. And if the Panthers can get the DT position improved, 12 wins isn't out of reach and neither is it out of reach IMO for the Falcons. I understand how good the teams are in the NFC/AFC East but the Panthers and Falcons are damn good teams as well.

The South lost all four games against the NFC east last year. Tampa even lost at Dallas when Romo was sidelined. I hope for a better performance this year, but I think there is a good chance that Dallas, Philly and Washington will all be improved over last year.

9-7 could win the division, although 10-6 is more likely. And I think the North and West divisions will have better shots at wildcards this year.

I don't understand why everyone is so impressed with Atlanta, their offense wasn't the problem last year. They had an excellent offense, Gonzalez can only make it so much better. Like the Saints & Panthers, their achilles heal was defense. What did they do to improve that? Add some rookies and a MLB on his last legs? The coordinator is the same as well.

I don't understand why everyone is so impressed with Atlanta, their offense wasn't the problem last year. They had an excellent offense, Gonzalez can only make it so much better. Like the Saints & Panthers, their achilles heal was defense. What did they do to improve that? Add some rookies and a MLB on his last legs? The coordinator is the same as well.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I have them finishing under .500 for the year. As for the OP, 9 wins for a division title is very possible, although I think it'll take 10+.

Archived