• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Panthers win division at 9-7?

Matt Foley

I don't see us winning the division. In fact, I don't see us with a winning record.

We just don't look good now. And don't give me "it's the preseason, stupid" excuse. If you can't stop the run now, you sure won't be able to stop it when it counts.

vader-fail.jpg

cuz being preseason champs is all that matters, right? :rolleyes:

Some of you guys disgust me with your love for Atlanta. WE are the effing defending NFC South champs, not them. THEY should fear us not the other way around.

Damn people. Grow a pair. Adding a 33-year-old tight end does NOT make them the New England Patriots.

Do I think the Panthers will win the NFC South? I don't know. I don't think we'll be as good as we were in the regular season last year. But I think Matt Ryan could very well have a sophomore slump. Get off his dick Huddlers.

While at the start of every season I want the end result for the Panthers to be a Super Bowl win, this year 9-7 is really all I am wanting. I will gladly take a wildcard spot, division title or better but just having back to back winning seasons is number one.

As for winning the division at 9-7...I really don't think that will happen. Atlanta is a good team and so are the Panthers. One of those two will end up with at least 10 wins if not more. And if the Panthers can get the DT position improved, 12 wins isn't out of reach and neither is it out of reach IMO for the Falcons. I understand how good the teams are in the NFC/AFC East but the Panthers and Falcons are damn good teams as well.

Hidden

So what if we have sucked a little bit in the preseason. There is not a team in the south that is doing outstanding in the preseason. The fact is we are still a better football team on Defense compared to all the teams in the south. We have just as many holes as Atlanta and I'm not scared of the Saints or the Bucs. We are fine, stop flipping out.

I don't see us winning the division. In fact, I don't see us with a winning record.

We just don't look good now. And don't give me "it's the preseason, stupid" excuse. If you can't stop the run now, you sure won't be able to stop it when it counts.

So you believe because we sucked at stopping the run in week 2 of the preseason our season is over? We have no chance at getting a better record than Atlanta, Saints or the Bucs who have holes just like us? I guess I'll cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket and just jerk off this season, I never realized preseason meant so much and that everyone plays at 150%. How long have our starters even stayed in the game?

Some of you guys disgust me with your love for Atlanta. WE are the effing defending NFC South champs, not them. THEY should fear us not the other way around.

Damn people. Grow a pair. Adding a 33-year-old tight end does NOT make them the New England Patriots.

Do I think the Panthers will win the NFC South? I don't know. I don't think we'll be as good as we were in the regular season last year. But I think Matt Ryan could very well have a sophomore slump. Get off his dick Huddlers.

Damn right! Everyone is just giving up on their team in Week 2 of the preseason. No matter what, every season my mind set is we are going to the Superbowl.

I hear Atlanta is going to represent the entire NFC in the all-pro game.

Archived