• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Panthers win division at 9-7?

Matt Foley

My prediction is that 10-6 is going to win our division, but I think it's definitely feasible that 9-7 could do the trick as well. Not for lack of strength in the division, but just because of the tough schedule (as I'm sure you very well know).

Yes.

No team in this division will win over 10 games this season. Everyone has just as brutal a schedule as we do. I still think we are the best team in the NFC South and I think we may be poised to go to the playoffs in back to back seasons for the first time since Fox came aboard.

For the first time ever, right? I sure do hope so. I'd like to finally have back to back winning seasons.

For the first time ever, right? I sure do hope so. I'd like to finally have back to back winning seasons.

You are absolutely correct. You also aren't the only one wanting to see us put together back to back winning seasons, then maybe we can be taken a little more seriously as opposed to that team that tries, and tries but somehow fails to be a consistently feared and respected franchise.

You are absolutely correct. You also aren't the only one wanting to see us put together back to back winning seasons, then maybe we can be taken a little more seriously as opposed to that team that tries, and tries but somehow fails to be a consistently feared and respected franchise.

I definitely agree. We've always been the team that has breakout years, and fails the following. Under Fox, that has been mostly due to injuries. Thats not good being as we have started off this year with some injuries. I think we will be alright though.

I don't see us winning the division. In fact, I don't see us with a winning record.

We just don't look good now. And don't give me "it's the preseason, stupid" excuse. If you can't stop the run now, you sure won't be able to stop it when it counts.

It truly hurts to say this, but I think Atlanta has the edge this year. I think they'll split with us and end up with a better record, just since their schedule isn't as tough. I just hope we can snag one of the wildcard spots. One wildcard will come from the east, and I don't see one coming out of the west. We just have to finish with a better record than Chicago and Green Bay.

It truly hurts to say this, but I think Atlanta has the edge this year. I think they'll split with us and end up with a better record, just since their schedule isn't as tough. I just hope we can snag one of the wildcard spots. One wildcard will come from the east, and I don't see one coming out of the west. We just have to finish with a better record than Chicago and Green Bay.

Their schedule is not realy different. There are two diff games.

We have the Vikings and they have the Bears.....toss up

We have the Cards and they have the 49ers....slightly easier for them, but not by much. Cards won't sniff the playoffs. A healthy Seattle team will easily win the NFC West.

Other than these...we play the same teams.

Archived