• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Since 2011, only Brady (20) and Wilson (15) have more wins in Dec/Jan than Cam Newton (14)

gettlemanjack

They have played more games

I have to question that stat. Looking at PFR:

I count Newton playing in 20 games (18 regular season, 2 postseason) and winning 15 (including last week's win over Arizona). Newton has 14 regular season wins and 1 postseason win.

Wilson's only played 18 games total in December/January (14 regular season, 4 postseason), winning 15. Wilson has 12 regular season wins and 3 postseason wins.

Brady has obviously played many more games, 83. Not even going to bother counting, because big numbers.

I count Newton playing in 20 games (18 regular season, 2 postseason) and winning 15 (including last week's win over Arizona). Newton has 14 regular season wins and 1 postseason win.

Wilson's only played 18 games total in December/January (14 regular season, 4 postseason), winning 15. Wilson has 12 regular season wins and 3 postseason wins.

Brady has obviously played many more games, 83. Not even going to bother counting, because big numbers.

so you're saying in Dec/Jan, Cam is 15-5 and Wilson is 15-3

so you're saying in Dec/Jan, Cam is 15-5 and Wilson is 15-3

Yes. In the regular season, Newton is 14-4 and in the postseason, he is 1-1. 15-5 total.

In the regular season, Wilson is 12-2 and in the postseason, he is 3-1. 15-2 total.

Okay, now I have figured it out. This stat has to include regular season and postseason, and it had to be put out there before the Panthers beat the Cards last week.

Sorry for the brainfart earlier when I was talking about Brady with 83... wasn't paying attention to the 2011 parameter for him.

But I still stand by the fact that Wilson hasn't played in more games than Cam.

My bad. Brain lapse and forgot Wilson came into the league a year later.

Brain was thinking since Wilson has been in the league....forgetting Cam was around before for a year. So Wilson has played in more if just looking at games since he arrived.

Last 3 years including postseason to date ....Cam is 13-3 and I have Wilson at 16-3. I wasn't thinking though and left out Cam's 2011

Wilson has the better win % career wise though

Not sure why I count 16 for Wilson though (used PFR)

Archived