• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blaming Cam is easy, but often a mistake.

Jeremy Igo

The fact that he was drafted for Luck does not mean that he was going to translate to the NFL. Olsen has been more productive than him so I don't get what that whole argument is about. Drafting does not equal automatic production. They drafted him yeah but Cam is the one with the probowl TE, something the guy they drafted for Luck is not. Newton has had Olsen and Steve Smith and a semblance of a run game. Trent Richardson is not better than any of the RBs we have. So the myth that Luck is surrounded by weapons is false.

Don't bother man. They either know nothing about football or are blinded by Cam's ever expanding angelic aura.

I'm not gonna start another Cam war. You think he's a great QB? Great you're entitled to your opinion. I just have high expectations for a franchise QB. Will he get there someday? As a fan I can only hope.

I think he is unfairly criticized by posters like you who rarely miss a chance to say something negative. I have high expectations as well and anyone who understands all that Cam has been through to this point and where people expected him to be at this point in his career, know that he has far exceeded most reasonable expectations.

My point was you critize Cam and put Luck on a pedestal and their stats are very similar.

I think he is unfairly criticized by posters like you who rarely miss a chance to say something negative. I have high expectations as well and anyone who understands all that Cam has been through to this point and where people expected him to be at this point in his career, know that he has far exceeded most reasonable expectations.

My point was you critize Cam and put Luck on a pedestal and their stats are very similar.

Cam 23 TDs 21 TOs 3,600 Total Yards 58.5 % 14 Games 82.1 Rating 6-8-1 Record

Luck 43 TDs 28 TOs 5,030 Total Yards 63.8 % 16 Games 96.5 Rating 12-5 Record

Luck is far from perfect but he can carry a team. Cam in this system simply cannot do that. He also is still having issues completing passes to wide open receivers and struggles with his footwork. Criticism is well deserved.

Again it's gameday so let's stop arguing and just root for our team.

Cam 23 TDs 21 TOs 3,600 Total Yards 58.5 % 14 Games 82.1 Rating 6-8-1 Record

Luck 43 TDs 28 TOs 5,030 Total Yards 63.8 % 16 Games 96.5 Rating 12-5 Record

Luck is far from perfect but he can carry a team. Cam in this system simply cannot do that. He also is still having issues completing passes to wide open receivers and struggles with his footwork. Criticism is well deserved.

Again it's gameday so let's stop arguing and just root for our team.

Since you started it,let me finish it then we can stop. When Luck has off season ankle surgery, breaks a fe ribs in preseason and barely escapes a car crash while Cam stays relatively healthy, then we can compare the 2 based on that year alone. I used career because they balance out. Luck has been relatively healthy and Cam has been anything but. Way to use selective numbers to once again further your agenda.

As you say it is game day so stop the crap threads and negativity and we won't respond. Otherwise you get what you deserve.

Since you started it,let me finish it then we can stop. When Luck has off season ankle surgery, breaks a fe ribs in preseason and barely escapes a car crash while Cam stays relatively healthy, then we can compare the 2 based on that year alone. I used career because they balance out. Luck has been relatively healthy and Cam has been anything but. Way to use selective numbers to once again further your agenda.

As you say it is game day so stop the crap threads and negativity and we won't respond. Otherwise you get what you deserve.

lmao oh Huddle.

The fact that he was drafted for Luck does not mean that he was going to translate to the NFL. Olsen has been more productive than him so I don't get what that whole argument is about. Drafting does not equal automatic production. They drafted him yeah but Cam is the one with the probowl TE, something the guy they drafted for Luck is not. Newton has had Olsen and Steve Smith and a semblance of a run game. Trent Richardson is not better than any of the RBs we have. So the myth that Luck is surrounded by weapons is false.

Of course drafting does no equal automatic production. The point is that the Colts have done EVERYTHING possible to ATTEMPT to surround, and put him in a position we he is comfortable and can succeed.

Newton inherited the worst offense in the NFL. In the four years since the Panthers have made (attempted) three moves that I would consider impactful outside of taking Newton.

1. Get Olsen 

2. Get Shockley (gone after one season)

3. Get Tolbert

We went INTO this season THINKING that it was a good idea to make KB Newton's number 1 WR despite the fact that KB:

1. Was a rookie

2. Wasn't even the No. 1 WR on his college team (Greene was)

3. Only really had 1 productive season at FSU

4. Had issues with dropping balls/consistency 

5. Was about the 8th pass catching player taken at the END of the 1st round after about 26 or so other players

And the Panthers thought this was a good idea for a team with an already weak offense trying to get back to the playoffs.

And the Panthers thought this was a good idea for a team with an already weak offense trying to get back to the playoffs.

I'm sure the cap struggles had something to do with it. I believe this year depending on BPA we go WR/OT in first two rounds.

He wants 100+ million dollar contract? Show he can make something out of nothing. Franchise quarterbacks at least flash greatness. Luck has a worse supporting cast in Indy and still looks good. Brady had a terrible cast around him last year especially when Gronk was out and he still found ways to win. People are giving Cam way too many excuses. It's sickening.

Sigh...

1. The Pats DID NOT GO INTO THE SEASON with that supporting cast. One TE is an injured moron, and the other is a possible mass murderer.

2. Brady is one of the greatest QBs of all time. If your argument is that Brady and Cam don't compare...you have already LOST the argument. 

If the worst thing you can say about Lebron James is that he is not MJ, you have already lost.

Archived