• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blaming Cam is easy, but often a mistake.

Jeremy Igo

This thread was about Cam. We've had others about WRs and others about oline. Also if you've read my post, I stated that all QB will have WR drop balls and have sacks and hurries. That's why no QB has ever had 100% completion in a season. The highest ever was I think 71% in a season. However, completions below 60% are usually had by mediocre QB factoring in all of those things. This is why Cam himself admitted on national TV that he needs to work on his mechanics. If it was that easy, I'm sure he'd be doing it. It's going to take some commitment from him

Oh, sorry.  I didn't realize that we could only talk about Cam here.  Well, since it's a Cam only thread, and we can't factor in anything else that contributes to his low completion percentage, and other poor stats, I'll just concede that he's a mediocre QB.  I mean... look at those terrible numbers.  All on his shoulders if you ask me   :rolleyes:

lol @ Brady and Rivers miss throws all the time. Well I don't recall the last time a QB had 100% completion in a game but when Cam's % is lower than Geno Smith and rookie Blake Bortles, that should tell you it's more on the QB than any other factor. For some reason, he's not improving in that aspect and might need to commit some serious time and effort into correcting that otherwise soon he will be the one holding this team back.

This can't be a real fuging post.

The throw was off a little, it could have been better. Ultimately, the QB needs to see where his guy is, judge if he can make the throw or not and most importantly, make the throw.

Yeah KB should fight through that, but it's the best CB in the game. What do you expect. Sherman made the window real tough and Cam decided to throw in it anyways.

Well there's long  (overthrown as Zod demonstrated) and there's high (passes that are uncatchable 10 yards down the field zipped too high) passes.

Prolly most of the Cam bitching is on the latter.

Cam is the greatest thing to hit Carolina to date though imho and the good plays far outweigh the bad.

Speaking of KB and completions though  I think the completion rate to KB from Cam is only about 50% if I'm not mistaken, seems to me an inordinate number of long attempts to KB end up out of bounds and uncatchable.

Good analysis Jeremy! Cam gets blamed unfairly all the time. I normally go to sports bars to watch the games and some of the things I hear are pathetic . In the game of football, there will be misses and sadly drops but I feel this kid gets blamed for everything. People seem to forget of sad our offense was before he got here. I was usually drunk by halftime due to how sad our O was back then. Is Cam perfect? No. No one is. He is getting better and better if you ask me.

I give Cam a hard time and it's not always his fault at all. But I've just come to expect that a QB in his fourth year would have finally gotten his footwork down and could hit wide open receivers. Cam could be great but he's wildly inconsistent. Tomorrow night he needs to show up and be perfect for us to win that game.

Gotta love it. The Panthers left the field last year against the 49ers and everyone SCREAMED that the Panthers have to get an upgrade of the offensive personnel surrounding Cam...

A year later, that personnel is is the same if not worse...

Yet the Huddle is talking about how Cam needs to be perfect? Sigh...

Gotta love it. The Panthers left the field last year against the 49ers and everyone SCREAMED that the Panthers have to get an upgrade of the offensive personnel surrounding Cam...

A year later, that personnel is is the same if not worse...

Yet the Huddle is talking about how Cam needs to be perfect? Sigh...

He wants 100+ million dollar contract? Show he can make something out of nothing. Franchise quarterbacks at least flash greatness. Luck has a worse supporting cast in Indy and still looks good. Brady had a terrible cast around him last year especially when Gronk was out and he still found ways to win. People are giving Cam way too many excuses. It's sickening.

Andrew Luck was at 70% completion after TY Hilton had all those drops and became the WR with the most drops in the playoffs. Cam's % was 56%.

And the next move the Colts made after drafting Andrew Luck was to draft a TE and his college roommate at the top of the second round.

Forget all the other stuff the Colts have done for Luck like keeping Wayne, getting Hilton, trading for a top RB drafted just the season before, getting the WR that the panther's FO low-balled...

And hiring his Offensive Co. in college just to name a few...

The fact that the Colts drafted Luck's college roommate with the next pick after him, is alone, almost as much as the Panthers have done for Newton in 4 years.

He wants 100+ million dollar contract? Show he can make something out of nothing. Franchise quarterbacks at least flash greatness. Luck has a worse supporting cast in Indy and still looks good. Brady had a terrible cast around him last year especially when Gronk was out and he still found ways to win. People are giving Cam way too many excuses. It's sickening.

First of all Luck has not looked great. He throws the ball a lot and has come brought him team back a lot but he is also one of the main reasons they get behind so often. His career completion percentage is 58.6 and his passer rating is 86.6. Compare that to Newtons 59.6 completion rate and passer rating of 85.4.

Seems to me they have almost identical stats so whatever you say about Luck should apply to Cam as well. Lucks offense scores more than the Panthers but that is by design not ability.

First of all Luck has not looked great. He throws the ball a lot and has come brought him team back a lot but he is also one of the main reasons they get behind so often. His career completion percentage is 58.6 and his passer rating is 86.6. Compare that to Newtons 59.6 completion rate and passer rating of 85.4.

Seems to me they have almost identical stats so whatever you say about Luck should apply to Cam as well. Lucks offense scores more than the Panthers but that is by design not ability.

I'm not gonna start another Cam war. You think he's a great QB? Great you're entitled to your opinion. I just have high expectations for a franchise QB. Will he get there someday? As a fan I can only hope.

And the next move the Colts made after drafting Andrew Luck was to draft a TE and his college roommate at the top of the second round.

Forget all the other stuff the Colts have done for Luck like keeping Wayne, getting Hilton, trading for a top RB drafted just the season before, getting the WR that the panther's FO low-balled...

And hiring his Offensive Co. in college just to name a few...

The fact that the Colts drafted Luck's college roommate with the next pick after him, is alone, almost as much as the Panthers have done for Newton in 4 years.

The fact that he was drafted for Luck does not mean that he was going to translate to the NFL. Olsen has been more productive than him so I don't get what that whole argument is about. Drafting does not equal automatic production. They drafted him yeah but Cam is the one with the probowl TE, something the guy they drafted for Luck is not. Newton has had Olsen and Steve Smith and a semblance of a run game. Trent Richardson is not better than any of the RBs we have. So the myth that Luck is surrounded by weapons is false.

Archived