• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blaming Cam is easy, but often a mistake.

Jeremy Igo

Cam's national criticism will never cease until he wins a Superbowl. Even then if the defense plays well, he'll get the Dilfer comparison. On 610AM Houston last night, they were discussing that Cam had to prove in this upcoming game in Seattle that he is deserving of getting a contract in Carolina (not franchise QB contract, but even staying as the Panther QB). That his "stats" were down the last 3 years. He's only winning because of the Defense. Not that he's had a crap oline for half a season or a brand new receiving core this season. It's almost as if since Dalton's out, Cam is the easy target. Didn't finish listening, but there's no hope of getting national respect for Cam. It's almost as if everyone one of the guys reads from the same script.

Could be that Cam needs to know where Kelvin should be at the time he turns to throw around and maybe should have noticed that he was a little short of that mark? Just offering a counter-point here. I did think it was a good throw.

You've never been bird hunting have you?  Got to lead to target and you're not making that decision in a split second.  Cam didn't have time to lead but Kelvin knew where the ball would be based on seconds to catch.  Kelvin will figure that out by next season.

Cam needs to play the game of his life on Saturday or we are going to get our asses beat.  If so he might finally shut the doubters up.

No he doesn't. He just needs to be efficient and calm. If he trusts the play and the play calling and plays within the offense we will be fine. There won't be a lot of points scored in this game so we need to be methodical and efficient and more importantly score when given the opportunity. End every drive with the ball leaving someones foot: field goal, punt, or extra point. The way Stew is running is keeping us "ahead in the down" which allows us to run of those 6 minute drives. Even if they end in a field goal, our defense has been playing lights out.

Don't buy into the "Panther's haven't played any offenses lately that warrant such high praise." Drew Brees with Jimmy Graham and Ryan with Jones and Julio are some big time offenses. Play defense, play calm, cool, and collected within the offense. Key's to the game.

You've never been bird hunting have you?  Got to lead to target and you're not making that decision in a split second.  Cam didn't have time to lead but Kelvin knew where the ball would be based on seconds to catch.  Kelvin will figure that out by next season.

Nope. I don't shoot birds.

I have, however, played many sports. I am more than familiar with timing and putting the ball where the player will be. Sherman's bump didn't just throw Benjamin off, it threw Cam off a bit too. It was a smart play by Sherman. Cam made a nice throw that was just out of reach. I don't consider it a bad play by Kelvin or Cam.

lol @ Brady and Rivers miss throws all the time. Well I don't recall the last time a QB had 100% completion in a game but when Cam's % is lower than Geno Smith and rookie Blake Bortles, that should tell you it's more on the QB than any other factor. For some reason, he's not improving in that aspect and might need to commit some serious time and effort into correcting that otherwise soon he will be the one holding this team back.

Hopefully he gets it together, because I want to see some more of this, as well as the easy ones!

kFVSBb.gif

Exactly! When it's not a dart, it's gives the WR an opportunity to jump and make a catch like his first pass to Steve Smith in the MNF last year against NE. In his fourth year he still throws the flat dart on most balls and those are not the easiest to catch. I think that may be one of the reasons we don't have a lot of YAC.

lol @ Brady and Rivers miss throws all the time. Well I don't recall the last time a QB had 100% completion in a game but when Cam's % is lower than Geno Smith and rookie Blake Bortles, that should tell you it's more on the QB than any other factor. For some reason, he's not improving in that aspect and might need to commit some serious time and effort into correcting that otherwise soon he will be the one holding this team back.

No...

Cam would have had a 75% completion against Arizona if not for drops alone.  Not saying he doesn't need to improve... he does.  Comments like this are a bit over the top though.

Exactly! When it's not a dart, it's gives the WR an opportunity to jump and make a catch like his first pass to Steve Smith in the MNF last year against NE. In his fourth year he still throws the flat dart on most balls and those are not the easiest to catch. I think that may be one of the reasons we don't have a lot of YAC.

You mean like the one he threw to Kelvin in Atlanta that went right through his hands? Or the one to Philly in New Orleans that also went right through? Or were those thrown too hard since they weren't completed?

If he didn't throw half of these passes on a line they'd be picked off due to the little separation the WR's and TE's get.

No...

Cam would have had a 75% completion against Arizona if not for drops alone. Not saying he doesn't need to improve... he does. Comments like this are a bit over the top though.

Andrew Luck was at 70% completion after TY Hilton had all those drops and became the WR with the most drops in the playoffs. Cam's % was 56%.

I should clarify. I meant Kelvin in regards to the catches he makes vs the ones he drops. Cam is mostly a rhythm QB. When he gets going, he's as good as nearly anyone, imo. But then it seems like the drops come in bunches, he gets out of his rhythm, and each part of his game drops a level or two. And then he gets a big run, and gets pumped up / wakes up.

EDIT: Buttt, you are right about the dart passes. kinda. At least the dart's make it hard for DBs to catch as well. He needs to soften up his short - mid range passes. On the contrary though, even though they're darts, the WRs still should make the catches. 

You mean like the one he threw to Kelvin in Atlanta that went right through his hands? Or the one to Philly in New Orleans that also went right through? Or were those thrown too hard since they weren't completed?

If he didn't throw half of these passes on a line they'd be picked off due to the little separation the WR's and TE's get.

Now the WRs don't get separation is the argument? Did u see Dickson on Saturday? On the INT to Cotchery (which was the WR fault) Brown was open on a deep crossing route. Our WR core may not be the best but you can't blame them for that low completion percentage that Cam has. I mean the Jets and Raiders have a worse corps than ours but their QB are completing more of their passes.

Archived