• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this Moose's final season?

Sam Mills Fan

I doubt it, honestly. They resigned Kasay and Delhomme and they're both old Panther mainstays. Moose isn't slowing down yet...he's still a reliable number 2 and an important component of our running game. Unless he decides to retire, I think he'll sign on for another 2 years or so.

he's still in great shape and is probably the best blocking WR in the game unless hines ward is still in the leauge.

He still can school DB's just fine. And with his long stride he still has some wheels(KC anybody?).

I can see him resigning here for a vet minimum or slightly higher, this stud's not ready to be put out to pasture.

I can see him resigning here for a vet minimum or slightly higher, this stud's not ready to be put out to pasture.

Vet minimum? You pay a man what he's worth, and Moose is worth more than the vet minimum.

I'm reminded of Mike Sellers, another old guy and Pro Bowl FB for the Redskins. The skins tried to pay him the vet minumum, which is what he has been paid throughout his career (during which Sellars has been consistently been recognized as on of the premier run-blockers in the league). That was the last straw for Sellars, and he rightly held out for more (unheard of for a FB to hold out). To paraphrase a quote of his, Sellers said something like, "I'm not playing like I'm worth the vet minimum."

And at this point in his career, Moose isn't playing like he's only worth the vet minimum.

I hope he will be around a few more years, but these things are hard to predict. we could have injuries play a role in this, we could have a different coaching staff come in( i dont want that). It is also possible moose could loose a step too much and we wont want him(see marvin harrison). I feel like he has 2 more years for some reason but that is a hunch, i just can see him doing good and they sign him to a 2 year deal and then he is around for one and the gone.

Vet minimum? You pay a man what he's worth, and Moose is worth more than the vet minimum.

I'm reminded of Mike Sellers, another old guy and Pro Bowl FB for the Redskins. The skins tried to pay him the vet minumum, which is what he has been paid throughout his career (during which Sellars has been consistently been recognized as on of the premier run-blockers in the league). That was the last straw for Sellars, and he rightly held out for more (unheard of for a FB to hold out). To paraphrase a quote of his, Sellers said something like, "I'm not playing like I'm worth the vet minimum."

And at this point in his career, Moose isn't playing like he's only worth the vet minimum.

yeah it was really late last night when i was posting that(im still very tired), moose is worth a lot more than the vet minimum.

Archived