• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Since December 1 2014....

Jeremy Igo

Here are some averages to compare for the month of December, 4 games each.

Offense

Panthers: 28

Seahawks: 24

Average Yards

Panthers: 399

Seahawks: 420

Rushing Yards

Panthers: 199

Seahawks: 185

Defense

Points Allowed

Panthers: 11

Seahawks: 8

1st Downs Allowed

Panthers: 14

Seahawks: 14

Yards Allowed

Panthers: 278

Seahawks: 211

Pass Yards Allowed

Panthers: 181

Seahawks: 144

Rushing Yards Allowed

Panthers: 98

Seahawks: 67

Forced turnovers

Panthers: 2.25

Seahawks: 1.5

Average Opponent Overall Offensive Ranking

Panthers 16

Seahawks 19

(Carolina's defense had the tougher challenge in December)

Conclusion: This is going to be a very tight game, as most have said. The difference? Running the ball and turnovers. Panthers are better right now at both of these things. If Stewart can rack up 100+ yards and the Panthers win the turnover differential, the game is probably won.

I should ban you

My wife says the same thing.

In their last 6 games, the Seahawks have surrendered a total of 39 points.  However, I cannot say that any of those teams has a great running attack. In addition, All seemed rather one-dimensional at the time.  Philly became one dimensional (Sanchez), as did SF (2 games with Kaepernick, lame duck coach) and Arizona.  The Rams play the Seahawks tough every year, with a backup QB and suspect running attack. 

I think that is going to be the key.  If we can balance the run/pass effectiveness, we can beat the Seahawks.   Not cover the spread, not get lucky--beat them.

I cannot see how they would not be overconfident heading into this week.  They have beaten us at our place, we had a 7-8-1 record, and we lost Star.  They have to know that a third of our starters are rookies.  They are at home.   The stage is set for a beat down, and I think this Panther team is capable. 

this is where seahawk fan says our last 6 games were against DII women's basketball teams

But look at their schedule:  RAMS (who is qb there?  RB?)  NINERS TWICE (Kaepernick sucks, Harbaugh was out),  ARIZONA (QB unknown), EAGLES (Sanchez and overall fatigue from playing Kellyball all season),  etc.

Archived