• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Blue glazing

Rhys

Oh, and for the record, I officially hate the word vanilla now.

Me too. Get used to it. I guess our defensive players are so dumb we have to simplify the defense. How much tougher can it get than play the same cover 2 zone every play. "Hey, just go to the same spot as last play, hopefully the offense won't pick apart our zones. No need to blitz, our front four will get the pressure!!!"

All I have heard is how we simplified the defense...didn't we do that last year? What, we can't run some aggressive zone-man blitzes, at least here and there? Our defense is just run to the ball....like we needed to change the D for our players to do that to begin with? I have a feeling very little has changed on D, maybe that will be ok, schemewise, but one thing that better improve if this is the case, is attitude. We need hungry players.

what kind of thought-provoking threads gleaming with positivity are you looking for that you haven't found yet?

Haha, do I smell a hint of sarcasm in that?

Look, I understand everyone's concern right now, it is easy to be worried, I'm not saying I'm not worried at all; All I'm saying is that we should be a little more confident and faithful in the Panthers at this point. If we should lose to Philly after having gone 0-4 in the preseason I would say that is a great time to start saying we've squandered the Preseason and all that. For now, all that is useless negative speculation in my opinion.

However, you're welcome to post as much of it as you want, I have no say in the matter. I personally, will continue to stay optimistic about the team, until we lose a regular season game. If you're hesitant with your optimism, I understand. :)

I believe we are being vanilla (yes I said it) not to disguise anything or keep it hidden but rather we need practice at the basics rather than including all the bells and whistles. We have a new scheme run by guys who are young and inexperienced at several positions. When you are trying to not only evaluate your squad but also give plenty of reps to the backups you don't jump in with complicated schemes and difficult concepts. You start with the basics and add things in as the team shows they can handle it. What good are zone blitzes when you have players out of position and you don't tackle well?

As for why other teams are throwing more complicated schemes at us than we are at them, it is pretty simple. They are using the same schemes and concepts they used last year or the last several years. Therefore they are going to be much further along than we are at this point. We aren't wasting the preseason, we are using it to learn and grow and develop basic fundamentals that will pay off in December when we get better instead of fall apart like we did last year.

FWIW- we will be pretty basic during the first part of the season as well and will start slowly on defense. We might end up 1-2 or even 0-3 unless the offense bails us out. In the end we will still challenge for the division title when all is said and done. But those expecting a night and day change over the next few weeks might be in for a severe disappointment. It takes time to install a new defense and even more time to master it.

Rhys:

I appreciate what you're doing, I really do. However, this is the internet and when anonymity is available, people will act out. Some people on here are just temperamental and the Huddle is their outlet. They post here to get our their frustrations, concerns, etc about the team. The best thing to do, honestly, is just to answer people rationally and just ignore the garbage. No one is making you enter a thread.

So...when you see a "The Panthers should change their pants to BLACK!/!!111!! omgz!" ignore it. You know there isn't going to be anything new in there for you to view, just one guy posting about uniforms, fifteen people posting asshole comments about how many times this thread has been posted, and three people agreeing.

It isn't so much the content of the threads on this board, it is the way people act. That is why I don't come around very often anymore. Even some of the older members bother me nowadays.

/rant

/soapbox

Haha, do I smell a hint of sarcasm in that?

Look, I understand everyone's concern right now, it is easy to be worried, I'm not saying I'm not worried at all; All I'm saying is that we should be a little more confident and faithful in the Panthers at this point. If we should lose to Philly after having gone 0-4 in the preseason I would say that is a great time to start saying we've squandered the Preseason and all that. For now, all that is useless negative speculation in my opinion.

However, you're welcome to post as much of it as you want, I have no say in the matter. I personally, will continue to stay optimistic about the team, until we lose a regular season game. If you're hesitant with your optimism, I understand. :)

buddy i'm just trying to help you. what threads do you want? what thread ideas are right up your alley in progressive thinking? Be specific, give me an example.

Rhys:

I appreciate what you're doing, I really do. However, this is the internet and when anonymity is available, people will act out. Some people on here are just temperamental and the Huddle is their outlet. They post here to get our their frustrations, concerns, etc about the team. The best thing to do, honestly, is just to answer people rationally and just ignore the garbage. No one is making you enter a thread.

So...when you see a "The Panthers should change their pants to BLACK!/!!111!! omgz!" ignore it. You know there isn't going to be anything new in there for you to view, just one guy posting about uniforms, fifteen people posting asshole comments about how many times this thread has been posted, and three people agreeing.

It isn't so much the content of the threads on this board, it is the way people act. That is why I don't come around very often anymore. Even some of the older members bother me nowadays.

/rant

/soapbox

Who asked you?

;)

Archived