• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers could activate Kyle Love

Jeremy Igo

Well damn. Has his diabetes been that influential? He seemed to be very serviceable for The Patriots.

Seemed to be pretty mild:

"I'm somewhat surprised," agent Richard Kopelman told the Boston Globe. "I know the Patriots run a tight ship, but I'm a little surprised. But they were not willing to take any risk.

"Kyle is going to be at 100 percent within a matter of weeks. Barring something out of the ordinary, he should be ready to go for training camp, and he'll continue to be successful."

According to the paper, it appeared as though Love recently lost about 30 pounds from his listed weight of 310. But Kopelman told USA Today that Love's diabetes can be managed with medicine and diet. He also pointed to Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, who has Type I diabetes, as someone who can overcome the disease to play at a high level.

"He's disappointed but he told me this is just a minor blip he's expecting to overcome," Kopelman told USA Today. "He's a great guy with a wife and a baby he's supporting. The goal is to get back healthy, play for a new team and set himself up for a big contract next season."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/22254338/patriots-cut-dt-kyle-love-after-diabetes-diagnosis

Yeah forgive me if I've never exactly bought into the "Beast Mode" hype.

It's amazing what a stupid sounding nickname will do for someone.

Beastly production doesn't lie.  It's not like the nickname popped out of thin air.

Anyway, a lot of Love may be just what the doctor ordered to help contain the Beast within,

Agreed. Hardy. Even Florio said yesterday there is no way Roger Dodger could feasibly keep punishing him if we simply would be vocal about it.

But we've gotta stop backing "the shield" and start backing the Panthers

Lol, I know it won't happen, but can you imagine the Seahawks' offense and Pete Carroll's face when Hardy came out of the tunnel all war painted up and freaking out. That poo would be priceless.

Agreed. Hardy. Even Florio said yesterday there is no way Roger Dodger could feasibly keep punishing him if we simply would be vocal about it.

But we've gotta stop backing "the shield" and start backing the Panthers

You haven't been paying attention to Ole JR. He would forfit all the games if the NFL asked him too

As a type 2 diabetic, that disease isn't that bad if you aren't type 1. Passed the initial weight loss (which means he also most likely had ketoacidosis), it's really fine. I've been diagnosed for over two years, and have yet to have a single shot of insulin.

Archived