• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle Times: "This is going to be one hellaciously tough matchup against the Carolina Panthers."

gettlemanjack

And you almost lost to the Bucs.

Twice.

What difference is that going to make on Saturday? Not a damn bit.

Sure did.....with our backup QB.

Our defense was giving up over 30 pts a game around the time we played you this season. Everyone was running and passing all over us.

Yet, you managed 13 pts...with the only td coming in the last minute of the game. Your offense is avg at best.... Not to mention that lunch has gone for 43 and 65 yds against us the past two years.

This game is between two teams with great defenses and two pedestrian offenses.

to be fair, that was with Derek big balls Anderson starting

Yup, and even had it been Newton starting, it doesn't mean a thing. Much like the Oakland game where Seattle was trading points for clock in the 4th, allowing the game to look closer than it was.

In all honesty, the only games that I think are even relevant are the past few during each of our team's hot streaks, because they are an indicator of how each team is playing RIGHT NOW, and the games our teams have played against each other in the last few years, because they indicate matchups and styles.

All the rest is just noise, and for every stat, trend, or anecdote I could point to as evidence of Seattle's superiority, I'm sure that folks here could do the same for Carolina. All means nothing.

Every bit of evidence, trending, stats, etc says that neither team will come close to 30 points.

We completely shut down (I mean completely shut down) the 1st and 8th ranked offenses in the league in the past 4 games. 

So, predicting 30-40 points DOES make someone look like an idiot.

And, the only reason that the Cards even ran a play on the panthers side of the field was because of mistakes we made.  Your defense gave up more than double the yards to the Cards than we did.  We allowed 12 yards and zero points in the second half.

Not to mention that you almost lost to the damn Raiders....the damn Raiders for christ sake.

That is every bit of evidence?  Cherry picking numbers? 

I didn't say they would score 30 points, I said that I understand why someone would think they will and that it wouldn't be a surprise considering the logistics.

Hey Panther fans, your team has a chance to win in Seattle, but no one is an idiot for thinking that they won't or will.  Scoring and yardage outputs are subjective to a number of things.   Including garbage time.   Something the Seahawks have seen a lot.  Carroll always opens up the middle of the field as the clock nears single digits when there is a decent lead.  The AZ game?  That was in AZ for the Seahawks, you got them in Carolina and the Hawks allowed them 2 FG's in the Cards stadium for their biggest game of the year.

There just isn't any point in tossing stats out there, predictions are only predictions, nothing more.  If the Panthers come in and handle the Hawks, I guarantee that Seahawks fans will give the Panthers their due.

Would it be better if all the Seahawks fans just said "The Panthers are just too good, I barely see us winning this game" or "I think that Carolina might beat the Seahawks"?   If so, Why?

Yup, and even had it been Newton starting, it doesn't mean a thing. Much like the Oakland game where Seattle was trading points for clock in the 4th, allowing the game to look closer than it was.

In all honesty, the only games that I think are even relevant are the past few during each of our team's hot streaks, because they are an indicator of how each team is playing RIGHT NOW, and the games our teams have played against each other in the last few years, because they indicate matchups and styles.

All the rest is just noise, and for every stat, trend, or anecdote I could point to as evidence of Seattle's superiority, I'm sure that folks here could do the same for Carolina. All means nothing.

exactly

Both teams defenses are playing very well. I think it'll come down to whichever team wins the turnover battle.

That is every bit of evidence? Cherry picking numbers?

I didn't say they would score 30 points, I said that I understand why someone would think they will and that it wouldn't be a surprise considering the logistics.

Hey Panther fans, your team has a chance to win in Seattle, but no one is an idiot for thinking that they won't or will. Scoring and yardage outputs are subjective to a number of things. Including garbage time. Something the Seahawks have seen a lot. Carroll always opens up the middle of the field as the clock nears single digits when there is a decent lead. The AZ game? That was in AZ for the Seahawks, you got them in Carolina and the Hawks allowed them 2 FG's in the Cards stadium for their biggest game of the year.

There just isn't any point in tossing stats out there, predictions are only predictions, nothing more. If the Panthers come in and handle the Hawks, I guarantee that Seahawks fans will give the Panthers their due.

Would it be better if all the Seahawks fans just said "The Panthers are just too good, I barely see us winning this game" or "I think that Carolina might beat the Seahawks"? If so, Why?

Dear god, these idiots make me long for Atlanta and NO fans back.

Since the discussion recently here is about Seattle's offense and how pedestrian/average/mediocre it is, the following is a bit of relevant info.

Max Unger, Seattle's starting center, will be available for this game. He's been out with a high ankle sprain since the 4th quarter of the KC game.

Seattle has been forced to rotate different centers in and have Wilson and inexperienced guards make the line calls. With Unger back in, the line calls should be shored up for the first time in the last 6 games.

The Hawks' rushing success increases significantly when Unger is in the lineup (by about 50 more yards per game).

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2684020/ONeil-Max-Unger-to-be-a-very-important-man-in-the-middle

Since the discussion recently here is about Seattle's offense and how pedestrian/average/mediocre it is, the following is a bit of relevant info.

Max Unger, Seattle's starting center, will be available for this game. He's been out with a high ankle sprain since the 4th quarter of the KC game.

Seattle has been forced to rotate different centers in and have Wilson and inexperienced guards make the line calls. With Unger back in, the line calls should be shored up for the first time in the last 6 games.

The Hawks' rushing success increases significantly when Unger is in the lineup (by about 50 more yards per game).

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2684020/ONeil-Max-Unger-to-be-a-very-important-man-in-the-middle

That is definitely a big plus for Seattle.

No, they actually have four firing synapses in their brains as opposed to the 2 that you guys are sharing.

Now, by your measure, is that 2 synapses over the last 7 and a half HOME games when the weather is cloudy and the wind is from the south-southwest, along with a gibbous moon and Mercury rising in Aquarius? It's hard to know with you and the numbers you like to carefully cultivate.

Now, by your measure, is that 2 synapses over the last 7 and a half HOME games when the weather is cloudy and the wind is from the south-southwest, along with a gibbous moon and Mercury rising in Aquarius? It's hard to know with you and the numbers you like to carefully cultivate.

Last 3 games between the teams have been low scoring slugfests.

Both teams are very hot ending the season.

Both defenses are playing outstanding right now.

Both teams want to run the ball and both are running it well (Stewart leads the NFL in rushing the last 5 games).

Both offenses (especially the passing games) are middle of the road and can be inconsistent at times.

Everything points to a low scoring and close game that is LIKELY to be decided by which team makes mistakes (Seatlle defense has a knack for capitalizing on every mistake) and which team makes a couple of chunk plays.

Could it be a blow out either way?  Anything is possible.  But all logic says do not expect it.

Archived