• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle Times: "This is going to be one hellaciously tough matchup against the Carolina Panthers."

gettlemanjack

I mean.. yeah.. most Seahawk fans don't know about the Panthers. Hell up until this week I was in the dark on you guys for the most part..

I promise you though, the coaches and players are very very aware at who the Panthers are. :)

In all fairness, most Seahawks fans outside of the Pacific NW didn't know about the NFL until recently.

In all fairness, most Seahawks fans outside of the Pacific NW didn't know about the NFL until recently.

Crazy thing is here in SoCal I know a few Panther fans, but Seahawk fans are like spotting the Loch Ness Monster.

Oh, and who has a buddy that has jumped on the Panther bandwagon, (with permission) my Giant buddy is cheering our Panthers this post season since his team sucked this year.

I mean I have lived in NC, SC, and FL during my 39 years on this earth. My sales territory covers the US and Canada. For 37 of those years on earth I saw MAYBE two Seahawk fans. And one of them was a homeless dude in a Brian Bosworth jersey that he obviously stole from a Big Lots. Now, I can't even go to the fuging Home Depot without seeing some douchebag hop out of a Honda Odyssey in a crisp new ugly ass fluorescent yellow Seahawk jersey with a number 12 on it tucked into his Old Navy mom jeans. It's fuging embarrassing and the Seahawks have surpassed even the inbred Saints losers as the Bandwagon Champion of the Universe. Any self respecting Seahawk fan from the greater Seattle area should denounce these pansy ass sons of bitches from the top of Mt Rainier and quit recognizing them as "Seahawk Nation" or part of your little 12th man schtick. Pathetic I tell Ya!

I mean I have lived in NC, SC, and FL during my 39 years on this earth. My sales territory covers the US and Canada. For 37 of those years on earth I saw MAYBE two Seahawk fans. And one of them was a homeless dude in a Brian Bosworth jersey that he obviously stole from a Big Lots. Now, I can't even go to the fuging Home Depot without seeing some douchebag hop out of a Honda Odyssey in a crisp new ugly ass fluorescent yellow Seahawk jersey with a number 12 on it tucked into his Old Navy mom jeans. It's fuging embarrassing and the Seahawks have surpassed even the inbred Saints losers as the Bandwagon Champion of the Universe. Any self respecting Seahawk fan from the greater Seattle area should denounce these pansy ass sons of bitches from the top of Mt Rainier and quit recognizing them as "Seahawk Nation" or part of your little 12th man schtick. Pathetic I tell Ya!

Believe me.. we try to do that.  I'm buried on the season ticket waiting list because of these bums. 

It comes with the territory though.  If the Panthers win a Super Bowl.. rest assured, you too will have an influx in new fans. 

Wilson has been fine of late. He's never going to be the type to put up big time passing numbers, Pete Carroll doesn't want him to do that.. he much prefers running the offense through the running game and making the most out of your opportunities in the passing game. The Seahawks actually lead the NFL in plays over 20 yards .. so their formula is pretty simple.. shut you down on defense and get enough big plays on offense to outscore you. It was the same way a season ago too.

no, it's not the same as last year. Or the year before that (when you went 12-5 in Wilson’s first year before losing to the Falcons in the playoffs)

Russell Wilson passer rating in SEA:

2012 - 123.6 in SEA (17 TD, 2 INT)

2013 - 103.8 in SEA (14 TD, 5 INT)

2014 - 80.8 in SEA (6 TD, 6 INT)

after throwing for 4 TD, 1 INT in the 1st two home games in SEA this year, Wilson has thrown for 2 TD, 5 INT over the last 6 games in SEA this year

So no, not the same as last year. Sorry, buddy

If Carolina wins at Seattle, momentum will be way too strong for them to not make it to the SB.

Except for a certain team from Green Bay will be waiting. I agree that our momentum will be huge, but that team is a force. If we ball out and walk away with a win, pray that GB plays Dallas like they did the Bills a few weeks ago.

no, it's not the same as last year. Or the year before that (when you went 12-5 in Wilson’s first year before losing to the Falcons in the playoffs)

Russell Wilson passer rating in SEA:

2012 - 123.6 in SEA (17 TD, 2 INT)

2013 - 103.8 in SEA (14 TD, 5 INT)

2014 - 80.8 in SEA (6 TD, 6 INT)

after throwing for 4 TD, 1 INT in the 1st two home games in SEA this year, Wilson has thrown for 2 TD, 5 INT over the last 6 games in SEA this year

So no, not the same as last year. Sorry, buddy

His midseason swoon is a large reason why his rating dipped at home this year.  Yes, his stats are better on the road.. but he's been playing just like he was the last couple of seasons over the last 8 games really.  

My source says something else.

Here we go, folks. The bye week is over, and the Seattle Seahawks playoff run to glory is about to begin!

And as luck would have it, we seem to have drawn quite an easy matchup for our first game. The Carolina Panthers? Seriously, NFL? The Carolina Panthers? Talk about an easy victory. After all, there’s no way the reigning Super Bowl champions could EVER be defeated in a playoff game by a team with a losing record, right?

http://profootballmock.com/pete-carroll-theres-no-way-reigning-super-bowl-champs-defeated-playoffs-team-losing-record-right/

Archived