• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We could be in the middle of our second offseason week...

Jeremy Igo

Having a high draft pick means nothing if you have poor scouts and a bad GM, just look at the 2014 draft for us, we took bona fide starters with picks 28, 60, 92, 128 and 148. Going from 8th to the mid 20's doesnt bother me, Gettleman will snag us a quality player in May, but for now, we can enjoy play off football

The experience for the players is worth more than a draft pick. 

Exactly what I said.  As I've thought about it too, we've solidified so many holes with so much youth during this run that it almost makes the draft pick irrelevant.  Think about it, what is different between us and the rest of the playoff teams still alive, and it's youth, look HOW many rookies or first year players are contributing.  Does this mean that we don't need to upgrade in some positions?  HELL NO, buuuut I'm not terrified of our secondary every week.  Our O-line, I love what we have in our interior 3, want to give Remmer a chance going into next season, so only LT is glaring.  At receiver, I'm anxious to see what Philly Brown can do when given a year of nfl conditioning to bulk up, and of course when KB can do in year 2.  We have a lot of pieces that a lot of people wish they had and would be drafted much higher than their original draft position if redone today.  I'm just saying, I bet the Saints/Falcons wish they were sitting there with any of Norwell/Turner/Bene/Norman/Boston/KB.  That said, that doesn't mean none of these needs are completely washed away, but it does mean that Gettleman will have more flexibility in drafting BPA in the offseason while those 2 teams are in DESPERATE need in 2 positions where they don't have youth or talent.

After the first Falcons game I wanted us to tank, IR Cam so he can be healthy for the future, and fire Ron and Shula right then. I went to the Cleveland game and of course didn't want to watch them lose I had fun at the game. Then when we destroyed the ratbirds for the division I was pumped. Then I went to the Cardinals game that was actually my favorite sports event I ever attended. So yea I turned around with the season, but at one point I was on that "lets tank" wagon.

Just thinking the same thing.

That's what fans who bitch and moan constantly don't understand. The fun is in the journey. Those memories last.

That said.... I am ready for some more Saturday. A win there would be the single most exciting thing for Panthers fans since what, 2005? Almost a decade.

Definitely Bigger than 2005.  Especially considering where we were a month ago.  After the Minnesota loss, everyone was digging up notes for the inevitable " I have watched this guy his whole college career " epeen contest.   Cam moved like me after a basketball game with no warm up. The fire Ron Rivera post were in full swing, the fire Shula post were....well they were about the same as usual.  Cam was being questioned, Saints fans were happy, Atlanta fans were hopeful and Tampa felt like they were the 3rd best team in the division.  

Now a little over a month later.  People started a Ron Rivera "coach of the year" post.   There is legitimate post on whether Shula is bad , horrible, lucky, deceptively good, inept, incompetent, brilliant, or Ron Rivera's finger puppet.  Saints fans are bitter,  Atlanta fans tried their best to cheer themselves up with at least we get a new coach.  Tampa sucked for the duck.   We have an Oline agent coming on this board and people aren't trying to trace his IP so we can burn his house down.  Atlanta and Tampa watched the Arizona game and feel even more dejected because they felt that even they could have won that game.  The Defense is starting to look even better than last year,  Josh Norman has at least 1/8 of an inch treadwear in his haircut,  2 people asked me Saturday whether TD was on performance enhancing drugs because he looks so fast.

Now to top it all off, the team that has barely escaped us the past 3 years is hosting us in the Bandwagon Mecca of the Universe outside of Fenway???!!!  All the "experts" are picking against us,  Richard Sherman doesn't even consider us good enough to trash talk.  The Cam sucks people are waiting with baited breath to say "I told you so"!!  Rival message boards are gloating we played ourselves into the 25th pick.  And through it all there is a chance for the biggest upset in the last 10 years.   I swear to the big man it seems like its been 2 Mondays and around 1 1/2 Tuesdays already this week.

We win this f#$#$#$ game.  OMG.   I don't think I will get off that high until at least June.   Win the NFC Championship?  Won't come down from that until at least this time next year?  Win the SB?????  FOREVER will I treasure this happy, disapointing, depressing, inspirational and triumphant season.

Archived