• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The O-Line ... Then and Now

Jeremy Igo

Everybody has jokes but Byron has had success blocking slower stronger defensive ends. Guys that depend on technique and not speed are a better match up for Byron. He really hasn't been that bad this year. People just like to scapegoat him. 

I was with you until the scapegoat thing.  Not a man/GM alive that would look at Byron and say, Yep don't have to worry bout Tackle...

You are super correct about the Strong vs Quick thing though.  If Bryon can get his feet under him and win the leverage battle he is effective.  Those speed ends come in and he starts to reach and lunge or worse, he just watches them go by like it wasn't his assignment.  The wrong matchup and it spells disaster without the proper gameplan to help with a TE or a back.

I was with you until the scapegoat thing.  Not a man/GM alive that would look at Byron and say, Yep don't have to worry bout Tackle...

You are super correct about the Strong vs Quick thing though.  If Bryon can get his feet under him and win the leverage battle he is effective.  Those speed ends come in and he starts to reach and lunge or worse, he just watches them go by like it wasn't his assignment.  The wrong matchup and it spells disaster without the proper gameplan to help with a TE or a back.

Well Byron gets a ton of heat compared to other guys that haven't played well. More heat than anyone really. I think he is a guy that needs that running back or tight end help but all the help was going to Nate in the first half of the season. Last time we played Seattle Foucalt was getting the help. We need to put him in situations to succeed. 

Well Byron gets a ton of heat compared to other guys that haven't played well. More heat than anyone really. I think he is a guy that needs that running back or tight end help but all the help was going to Nate in the first half of the season. Last time we played Seattle Foucalt was getting the help. We need to put him in situations to succeed. 

I agree that he needs help but as an NFL starting left tackle you cant be the one getting the help.  I know its a weird thing to argue but he wanted the job badly and has not lived up to his own promises.

We should be helping the rookies and occasionally chip on a long developing play or against a quality DE.  Not propping him up so Cam doesn't get killed. 

I digress, Byron has been solid and we need him to be even more so this saturday.  I'm rooting like hell for the big guy.

BTW's: Armanti was blasted by this fanbase for years because he who shall not be named traded up for him.

I agree that he needs help but as an NFL starting left tackle you cant be the one getting the help.  I know its a weird thing to argue but he wanted the job badly and has not lived up to his own promises.

We should be helping the rookies and occasionally chip on a long developing play or against a quality DE.  Not propping him up so Cam doesn't get killed. 

I digress, Byron has been solid and we need him to be even more so this saturday.  I'm rooting like hell for the big guy.

BTW's: Armanti was blasted by this fanbase for years because he who shall not be named traded up for him.

Yeah whether or not he's a starting Left Tackle is a topic for March. In the context of this playoff run he is the LT and we have to make it work. 

Ideally we bring in competition at a later date. 

We have got to get the Cam to KB connection working in red zone.  It seems Cam either overthrows or underthrows.  DA just says F$%$ it and lobs it up in the air.   Cam seems like he trying to place it in a spot.   I think if we can get that play working consistently it will open up everything else.

I thought DA and KB only have one touchdown together? I think you are just remembering that one td throw from the first bucs game. 

Yeah whether or not he's a starting Left Tackle is a topic for March. In the context of this playoff run he is the LT and we have to make it work.

Ideally we bring in competition at a later date.

Agree, he needs to put on his big boy pants and play like he's never played before, you know, like a starting LT.

;)

Archived