• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The O-Line ... Then and Now

Jeremy Igo

Looking back at the first Seattle game this season, I have selected two plays to demonstrate how completely awful the right side of Chandler and Valesco was for the Panthers.

Up first, a play designed for Cam Newton to run the ball.

" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">

Valesco is absolutely mauled at the point of attack and actually is pushed back into Cam Newton by Michael Bennett. Valesco is stood up and easily beaten.

This play had zero chance of ever working.

Up Next... a Jonathan Stewart goal line run...

" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">

We have seen this exact play a few times over the past month. Remember Norwell mauling his man into the endzone paving the way for Stewart? Well, Norwell is pulling, but Foucault is blasted into the backfield and gets in Norwell's way.  Norwell is unable to get where he needs to be.

*** Bonus: notice Norwell is the only lineman that actually drives his man to the ground regardless. lol

I just wanted to remind everyone how poorly the right side of the line played for most of the season.

Nah, Seattle is just that good. They need not worry who is on the line. As a matter of fact I hear we are putting the original line back together for this game.

Since it doesn't matter and all.

Not even gonna watch. Seattle is just too much. Any hawk fans want to crochet hipster sweaters with me sat night instead?

Do you think they believed me?

Despite that our offense flew up and down the field at will in 1st half. Unfortunately we settled for two field goals and had a turnover at the 10 yard line.

Have to finish drives and not turn the ball over this weekend. We do that we have a good shot

Despite that our offense flew up and down the field at will in 1st half. Unfortunately we settled for two field goals and had a turnover at the 10 yard line.

Have to finish drives and not turn the ball over this weekend. We do that we have a good shot

We have got to get the Cam to KB connection working in red zone.  It seems Cam either overthrows or underthrows.  DA just says F$%$ it and lobs it up in the air.   Cam seems like he trying to place it in a spot.   I think if we can get that play working consistently it will open up everything else.

We have got to get the Cam to KB connection working in red zone.  It seems Cam either overthrows or underthrows.  DA just says F$%$ it and lobs it up in the air.   Cam seems like he trying to place it in a spot.   I think if we can get that play working consistently it will open up everything else.

Love that line... mostly because it's true, lol.

Don't forget KB's dropped TD. 

But Kelvin had a good day against Sherman. That's promising.

The one thing I want to see is Byron Bell never left one on one with Bruce Irvin. Bruce Irvin is the type of guy Byron cannot block 1v1. He's to quick, too athletic. If you leave him over there on an island, it will be a long day. 

just curious... who IS the type of guy Byron can block 1v1?

I mean, possibly Fua, but any actual NFL talent?

just curious... who IS the type of guy Byron can block 1v1?

I mean, possibly Fua, but any actual NFL talent?

Everybody has jokes but Byron has had success blocking slower stronger defensive ends. Guys that depend on technique and not speed are a better match up for Byron. He really hasn't been that bad this year. People just like to scapegoat him. 

Archived