• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers an Offensive-Powered team

thunderraiden

I was just thinking of how loaded our offense is and how we could rival the Chargers, Colts, Cards, Saints, and Patriots if it wasn't for the fact we don't have an elite QB. Now I'm not a Jake hater, but I do know he couldn't command the ball through the air like those other aforementioned teams can.

We wouldn't even have to worry about the defense "AS" much if we could fill the QB hole. Not that I want an offensive powered team but if our defense doesn't improve we could have at least had a gruesome offense to look forward too to win us some games.

But hey, what do I know, maybe we could still be an offensive juggernaut just with everyone around Delhomme doing what they do best. You can't stack 9 in the box to stop Triple Trouble if you have Smith, Muhammad, Moore AND Rosario, Barnidge, & King on the outside.

And we don't have the QB any of them do either. Which is why I pose the question, can our Triple Trouble be enough to make up for the deficit?

Jake is good enough to do what is needed of him. I think that he has 20+ TD's and over 3500 yards this year, to go along with the beastly running game.

All Jake needs to do is throw enough to keep the defense from stacking the box, and he does that as well as we need him to. If we tried to make him throw like Brees or Rivers he would get better stats but we wouldn't be as good on offense.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, and Brad Johnson have won Super Bowls this decade. Three of those are stars, the rest are in the same mix that Jake's in. Let our running game carry the team, fix the defense, and Jake is more than capable of getting us to the big game.

How long did it take Manning to win a ring?

When was the last time brees or rivers led their team to the Super Bowl?

Warner had a good year with the Cards, let's see how they do without one of the easiest schedules in the league.

Crap like this makes me chuckle.

And don't make me sound like an idiot, I am very much aware of one of the most basic stats in football. But are you aware of utalizing your best assets? Surely we must use our championship defense to win it all this season... Oh wait... Yea.. now, Im not saying we dont have a great pass rush or one of the best Linebacking Corps in all of football, but do we have a championship secondary? or a run stopping NT?

I see niether of those. The defense has about 4 question marks while our offense has 2, our O-Line DEPTH and our QB. Like I said, i'm not a Jake hater, but if anyone thinks they have even the slightest idea how he is going to look this season... well they are out of their damn minds.

if anyone thinks they have even the slightest idea how he is going to look this season... well they are out of their damn minds.

You don't, we don't. The point is the offense could run very smoothly with Jake at the helm. There are no guarantees. Jay Cutler has one of the best arms in football and that didn't help Denver. San Diego was picked to win it all by a lot of people last year with Rivers they went 8/8. The year the Giants won, no one outside of New York other than Archie Manning would have said Eli could take them to a superbowl.

Archived