• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers = Smoke and Mirrors

Jeremy Igo

I'd much rather play Seattle too, but you have to look at it from their perspective. We are a 8-8 team, including our win last night against a team who was deemed 'the worst team in the playoffs'. We are arguably the second worse, and by arguably I'm talking could have been the worse. The Cardinals were playing a 3rd string QB and had like 15 starters on IR.

In fact, I am surprised just how much respect and attention the Panther have gotten for their win last night. The Seahawks have no reason to worry, they won't beat themselves. Neither will Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, New England, Denver or Baltimore. The only teams entering the playoffs this year who can literally beat themselves are us, and the Cardinals except they had an excuse playing with a third string QB who had no business playing in the playoffs, much less starting or even being second string. We proved it last night, we were tied at halftime despite Arizona having no TOP and basically zero offensive yards. No other team in the playoff can this be expected of. All while playing here at home in Charlotte, not even close to Seattle or God forbid Green Bay.

So in looking at the bigger picture, no team has any reason to fear or respect us. Winning this next game will get us recognized and truly earn us respect. I cannot wait to play the next team and if we win, truly do something worth bragging about and giving a sign we do have a legitimate chance to actually win it all. If we lose, no one should be shocked.

I'd much rather play Seattle too, but you have to look at it from their perspective. We are a 8-8 team, including our win last night against a team who was deemed 'the worst team in the playoffs'. We are arguably the second worse, and by arguably I'm talking could have been the worse. The Cardinals were playing a 3rd string QB and had like 15 starters on IR.

In fact, I am surprised just how much respect and attention the Panther have gotten for their win last night. The Seahawks have no reason to worry, they won't beat themselves. Neither will Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, New England or Baltimore. The only teams entering the playoffs this year who can literally beat themselves are us, and the Cardinals except they had an excuse playing with a third string QB who had no business playing in the playoffs, much less starting or even being second string.

So in looking at the bigger picture, no team has any reason to fear or respect us. Winning this next game will get us recognized and truly earn us respect. I cannot wait to play the next team and if we win, truly do something worth bragging about and giving a sign we do have a legitimate chance to actually win it all.

That's telling it like it is............................we play our next game on special teams and Cam's passing like this one and we don't go anywhere.......

Smoke and mirrors are exactly how I'd describe Seattle. Outside of Lynch and Wilson they are pretty much duct-taping an offense together each week. Defense is legit no doubt. Offense is practically identical to ours with us having the edge because of our targets. It's a near perfect matchup if it happens.

In fact, I am surprised just how much respect and attention the Panther have gotten for their win last night. The Seahawks have no reason to worry, they won't beat themselves. Neither will Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, New England, Denver or Baltimore. The only teams entering the playoffs this year who can literally beat themselves are us, and the Cardinals except they had an excuse playing with a third string QB who had no business playing in the playoffs, much less starting or even being second string. We proved it last night, we were tied at halftime despite Arizona having no TOP and basically zero offensive yards. No other team in the playoff can this be expected of. All while playing here at home in Charlotte, not even close to Seattle or God forbid Green Bay.

So in looking at the bigger picture, no team has any reason to fear or respect us. Winning this next game will get us recognized and truly earn us respect. I cannot wait to play the next team and if we win, truly do something worth bragging about and giving a sign we do have a legitimate chance to actually win it all. If we lose, no one should be shocked.

I cant disagree with any of this.  Thats reality  - our guys and coaches need to up their game.  Defense just keep doing what they are doing.

Honestly if I were a Seahawks fan I wouldn't be too worried about playing us. They've played as good down the stretch as anyone, will be fresh at home and are off a bye. But let them overlook us. Let them sleep. We're not gonna be given a chance all week but I like it that way.

Archived