• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston looking legit

Jeremy Igo

He was constantly moved around at UNC and was asked to do a lot. Had a solid senior year. There was heavy NFL talent coming into UNC while Butch was the HC. Boston no exception. I was a bit surprised he went in the 4th, but that's truly a credit to the scouting dept and coaching staff. Panthers prob have the best scouting reports on UNC out of anyone in the NFL - really no other place to visit in this state to scout potential NFL players.

I'm a TarHeel fan but don't be fuging stupid. The Tarheels aren't even the best team in the state and have very little NFL talent right now. Butch got us a lot of top NFL caliber players in a sketchy way

To any of you morons who can't pull for the guy because he played college football at a school in which you hate their basketball team - GROW UP and GET A LIFE. 

Panthers are the big picture here. I'll gladly take anyone, no matter their previous ties if they can help us win some games. 

If I hate their Lacrosse team, is it ok if I can't pull for him?  :)

Honestly, he is a panther so I pull for him.  The fact that he played for the evil empire is no longer relevant.  Although it will be relevant again if he leaves the Panthers for another team, ala that guy who plays DE for Green Bay. 

Zod wasn't alone, I shared similar questions. I remember 98% of tar heel fans saying he was awful. That's rare for any collage fans, especially tar heels. I said 4th rounder was don dave weakness. I heard steve wikis worked him personally and spent a full day with him. I got wikis as a top 3 DB coach, if he likes a DB, then so should I.

The guy looks great and feels good being wrong.

I don't think he's very skilled, but having Harper tell him where to go is pretty huge. He's athletic enough to get there, and he makes plays that are near them, and he can hold on to the ball and knows what to do when he gets it.

So while I'm pretty skeptical about how good he actually is, those are good things for his rookie year and a massive upgrade over what they had before. 

I think there is a method to G mans madness that I for one have been missing - and that is bringing in the right kind of old vets to mentor the young guys.  If there are qb intangibles there are intangibles for guys like Harper - he brings more to the table than grey hair and old legs. And the last couple of games harper seems to have been given himself a shot in the arm.

Zod wasn't alone, I shared similar questions. I remember 98% of tar heel fans saying he was awful. That's rare for any collage fans, especially tar heels. I said 4th rounder was don dave weakness. I heard steve wikis worked him personally and spent a full day with him. I got wikis as a top 3 DB coach, if he likes a DB, then so should I.

The guy looks great and feels good being wrong.

I don't know too many collage fans. Or any

Boston on a rookie deal certainly looks more appetizing than $25 mil for Mike Mitchell, who looked absolutely terrible on Saturday night. Hopefully he can continue growing as a player and Carolina can add a young hitter next to him, because he seems to have a nose for the ball in coverage. The pieces in the secondary now are certainly more interesting than what was trotted out to start the year.

Archived