• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston looking legit

Jeremy Igo

As a UNC alum and fan, the guy sucked in college and I thought we had wasted a draft pick on him.

After seeing UNC defenders miss numerous tackles this season, give up 39ppg, and rank 119th nationally in defense this season...

It's clear he's actually being coached up now. Very happy with his play so far.

He was constantly moved around at UNC and was asked to do a lot. Had a solid senior year. There was heavy NFL talent coming into UNC while Butch was the HC. Boston no exception. I was a bit surprised he went in the 4th, but that's truly a credit to the scouting dept and coaching staff. Panthers prob have the best scouting reports on UNC out of anyone in the NFL - really no other place to visit in this state to scout potential NFL players.

That hit was in the second quarter and Brown bounced off because Boston didn't wrap him up. Great example of Boston's speed and hitting, poor example of actual tackling that could have resulted ina big play had someone else not been there to make the tackle.

Yeah there was one time where he LAID A GUY OUT bug had the guy somehow been able to keep his balance it would've been bad, because he didn't wrap up.

Yeah there was one time where he LAID A GUY OUT bug had the guy somehow been able to keep his balance it would've been bad, because he didn't wrap up.

Brown bounced off of the initial hit and may have even been finished by someone else. Taking nothing away from Tre's overall performance, as he had a very good game - just needs to wrap up.

I was wrrong about the time though, as it was indeed in the 4th.

Is that why ECU put up 50 on UNC two years ago and 70 this year? Because the best football talent in NC is at UNC? Riiiiiiiigggghhhhht.

As far as NFL talent, and recruiting elite prospects - UNC is #1 in the state. That's not an opinion. That's one thing Fedora seems to at least comprehend. There's a lot of former UNC players (especially Butch Davis recruits) in the NFL. Some of them have not lived up to their VHT expectations, but they still got a great opportunity.

No one is going to confuse UNC football with FSU football, Ohio State FB, Bama, or even Clemson FB...but as far as recruiting, exposure, and $$$ are concerned....UNC sits at the head of the table in the state of North Carolina. 

Which is why it's so frustrating to see all of this talent come to UNC and Fedora fart around and win 6 games each year and manage to lose to a state rival with a sociopathic fanbase to end the season and get blown out by another in state school that doesn't even sniff the recruiting and resources pool that UNC has. 

I had my doubts that Boston could do anything this year, considering he missed all of camp and preseason as a rookie.

Thank goodness I was completely wrong.

Boston looks like a legit safety in this league, and not just by getting g those interceptions.

Go back and look at him in the run game. Boston mixes it up along side the linebackers on the run blitzes. Does very well.

gallery_1_10_344358.jpg

Is this another case of Ol' Grey Hair being a solid on and off the field influence on the young'uns?

That hit was in the second quarter and Brown bounced off because Boston didn't wrap him up. Great example of Boston's speed and hitting, poor example of actual tackling that could have resulted ina big play had someone else not been there to make the tackle.

I could be wrong but my impression of that play was that Boston realized the pass was incomplete at the last millisecond and pulled up a little, still delivering a hard hit because of his momentum but not carrying Brown to the ground because of his realization of the play.

For a second there, I thought he would get a "defenseless receiver" penalty but I don't think he did BECAUSE he pulled up on the hit a tad and didn't take Brown to the ground.

I could be mistaken, but that was my impression.

To any of you morons who can't pull for the guy because he played college football at a school in which you hate their basketball team - GROW UP and GET A LIFE. 

Panthers are the big picture here. I'll gladly take anyone, no matter their previous ties if they can help us win some games. 

As far as NFL talent, and recruiting elite prospects - UNC is #1 in the state. That's not an opinion. That's one thing Fedora seems to at least comprehend. There's a lot of former UNC players (especially Butch Davis recruits) in the NFL. Some of them have not lived up to their VHT expectations, but they still got a great opportunity.

No one is going to confuse UNC football with FSU football, Ohio State FB, Bama, or even Clemson FB...but as far as recruiting, exposure, and $$$ are concerned....UNC sits at the head of the table in the state of North Carolina. 

Which is why it's so frustrating to see all of this talent come to UNC and Fedora fart around and win 6 games each year and manage to lose to a state rival with a sociopathic fanbase to end the season and get blown out by another in state school that doesn't even sniff the recruiting and resources pool that UNC has. 

Can you take your UNC knob-slobbering to another forum please?  This one is supposed to be about the Panthers.

Archived