• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk Kelvin Benjamin

CelibatePimp

This!

KB only had one year of college production, the kid is literally still tryna find his feet....

Once he does, then he can look for his hands.

Thank you. 

Seriously, I am under the impression that he has been working on his routes so much that I hope his problem is due to the fact that he has to concentrate on that and his hands are an afterthought.  We shall see.

KB sucks to me

Fine, point to his 1000 yards and slew of TD the only reason he got 1000 yards is cause he was forced into the number one role, Bersin could get 1000 yards if he was targeted as much as KB was

This is one of the most ludicrous posts that I've ever read on the huddle.

As a seasoned Panthers fan I watched another young Panther WR develop over his years here that reminds me a lot of KB he was our very own Musin Muhammed. Although much bigger and stronger than Muhammed he also caught the difficult ones that made you say wow and then drop a routine catch the next. Developing into a true star WR takes time and patients from fans and coaches. Make no mistake about it he will be a developing WR and bud into a pro bowl calbier as the years come.

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXJXXJohnCa00.htm&t=1

Calvin caught less than 50% of his targets in his first season and didnt sniff Benjamins numbers. His best statistical year he caught approx 60%.

So the CNN now world of judging Benjamin as a failure after putting up 50% of his targets but still crossing 1000 and 9 TDs is just premature.

Again, some of the receivers hes being compared with as Rookies, Odell for example, played 12 games, actually had more targets than Benjamin did in 16 games, but didnt play enough to hit a rookie wall is not looking clearly at the picture.

Comparing him to Sammy and others thats did play 16 games is a better representation. Of thw receivers that played all 16, his numbers were the best. He never got hurt which is another accomplishment considering Adams, Robinson, Odell and others did.

Just saying. Also,with 4 receptions this past game, the stage elevating with playing seattle again next week(the lions are not beating the cowboys), Benjamin is due to shake his rookie yips and grab a big touchdown.

Or not.

Actually, by having more yards than most of the receivers that do have YAC it just shows he does run better routes and is catching in tight windows. We have no other receivers that command the number 1 cb on teams or safeties/linebacker help.

The drops are harsh, but I just watched the Colts receivers drop some really good catches. Nicks Ty and Fleener all had some nasty ones.

Kelvin actually runs good routes. Yes he has more to learn but if hes Number 3 in yards and TDs out of this rookie class and one of the few 1000 yard receivers period this year,his ceiling is thw sky.

How many others have reached their potential already and we are seeing the best we will ever see?

Keenan Allen was the number 1 receiver from hos class with just over 1000. Many classes had no one do it. Julio didnt do it, Calvin didnt. Actually theh dropped more but few said they were bust picks. Both had less than 49% catches for their targets their firat year, many drops. So did AJ Green.

Sammy is only 2 drops behind and Mike Evans 3 for the year, but both with similar 50% targets/ catches.

I think the predraft love hate and competitiveness of picks as well as the college hate carries too far afterwards.

Many teams would love to have a garbage receiver that catches over 850 yards in the air(- the YAC) and 9 of 9 touchdowns in the endzone.

Archived