• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is only pre season but the following is true...

adallastiger

......no team has ever won a Super Bowl if they went 0-4 in pre season. I have not done a totally flawless search on this, but certainly things that tend to be true in the past, tend to be true in the future.

Best way to get to a Super Bowl, statistically, seems to be to go 2-2 in pre season. That probably shows a balance of strength and willingness to accept losses in the short run, to win in the longer run.

Last time Panthers went to the Super Bowl they were undefeated in pre season, just for the record.

I am going to stop short of saying that one of the next two pre season games is a MUST win. But it's close.

Just a thought.......

but.....but....but the Lions!!! OP, u really think thts wht players think about during games? Week 17, Kasay lines up to take a game winning, division clinching FG to take Carolina to a 12-4 record and first round bye. Even tho he knows he can make it, he will prolly just have this thought "I could make this, but we were 4-0 in preseason, so its not like we're gunna win the super bowl anyways....i mine as well just miss this kick....." who the F has their pre-season record on their mind when their working toward a Super Bowl run?

Oh and another tidbit for yall, no bald QB has ever won the super bowl. the only one close was Trent Dilfer with Baltimore in 2000. Ironically enough, he gets the least credit for taking his team there. See i have random thoughts to

Archived