• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shula in the playoffs....

Jeremy Igo

If we take care of the ball we have a great chance to win. If Cam has a 4 TO day like he did last year, we will lose.

Ryan Lindley is going to come out focused so we need to respect him, and then rattle him. Win first down on defense, put pressure on Lindley to perform and we will win.

Can't let them get non-offensive TDS so special teams could be wild card

So my keys to the game:

Take care of the ball

win first down

special teams coverage

If we take care of the ball we have a great chance to win. If Cam has a 4 TO day like he did last year, we will lose.

Ryan Lindley is going to come out focused. Win first down on defense, put pressure on Lindley to perform and we will win.

Can't let them get non-offensive TDS so special teams will be wild card

So my keys to the game:

Take care of the ball

win first down

special teams coverage

And defend the vertical pass.

Lindley isn't going to be able to dink and dunk for scores. He is gonna go for haymakers

I think Cam took over the offense ever since the the New Orleans game.  Yet all in all, I like our offense now that we have good offensive line play.  I think we will put up points today, even against this Arizona defense.

I truly believe this too. I think they said the hell with it and gave Cam more control. He is doing more pre snap reads and audibles that I've ever seen him do after that Saints home game. Yes, it helps that our O-line is playing vastly better, but I believed back then and still believe now that Shula doesn't have full control over playcalling or gameplanning anymore.

Ryan Lindley is going to come out focused so we need to respect him, and then rattle him. Win first down on defense, put pressure on Lindley to perform and we will win.

Can't let them get non-offensive TDS so special teams could be wild card

So my keys to the game:

Take care of the ball

win first down

Kick the ball out of the end zone and punt the ball out of bounds

Fixed.

And defend the vertical pass.

Lindley isn't going to be able to dink and dunk for scores. He is gonna go for haymakers

Hopefully our front 4 doesn't give him the time to throw downfield.

He doesn't have great accuracy downfield so but they have a tendency to chuck it and hope for one or two to connect and then play great defense.

So longwinded response to say, you are right, can't get beat downfield

my hope is that shula continues his creative playcalling both in and of itself and also situationally.

yes i said it. he has been great the past couple of weeks. utilizing all of Cam's abilities and threats.

players, especially the o-line, need to continue to be solid. Defensive front needs to step the fug up.

Hopefully our front 4 doesn't give him the time to throw downfield.

He doesn't have great accuracy downfield so but they have a tendency to chuck it and hope for one or two to connect and then play great defense.

So longwinded response to say, you are right, can't get beat downfield

The good thing is we seem to match up well against the deep passing game:

But if the Cardinals stick with their deep-passing ways, it may be against the wrong defense. That strategy would also be a big departure from what the Panthers saw this season. Opponents threw more than 35 yards downfield on just 1.8 percent of their pass plays against the Panthers. Only Chicago faced a smaller share of deep passes. This propensity to force short throws comes from the Panthers' defensive strength. Despite a coalescing secondary that has improved through personnel changes over the course of the season, the Panthers' defensive strength is still in their front seven, even without the exiled Greg Hardy. Teams have succeeded by throwing short passes against the Panthers that negate the impact of their pass rush. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, teams have fared worse against the Panthers with the deep pass.

Turnovers are the key difference for Carolina's defense on short versus long passes. The Panthers allow similar yardage per attempt as the rest of the league on both short and deep throws. But while they have intercepted passes at a lower rate (0.93 percent) than other teams (1.57 percent) on throws traveling 15 yards through the air or less, the Panthers have intercepted throws longer than that at a higher rate (12.5 percent) than any other team in the NFL. With Carolina's secondary improved and their pass rush potentially reinvigorated, the Cardinals' deep-throwing tendency matches up particularly poorly against the Panthers.

Archived