• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shula in the playoffs....

Jeremy Igo

Shula's offenses have never scored their season average in the playoffs. He has averaged about a touchdown less come playoff time.

Over his career as an OC he has averaged about 10 points a playoff game, also the Panthers score from last year.

Will Shula finally put together a solid playoff offensive showing today? Will be a major step in the right direction and may save his job.

If we get to a 3rd or 4th and 1 I really hope we just let Cam keep it up the middle. Tom Brady has made a career off converting those no reason for us to not let Cam get that 1st down or touchdown. Seems like Shula just gets to cocky with the "power run" philosophy and it always screws us.

If we get to a 3rd or 4th and 1 I really hope we just let Cam keep it up the middle. Tom Brady has made a career off converting those no reason for us to not let Cam get that 1st down or touchdown. Seems like Shula just gets to cocky with the "power run" philosophy and it always screws us.

No more 3rd and 1 Bersin out routes?!?!

Let's hope everyone has a big game on offense including the coaches. On a day like today though 14 points could win it. We have to shut them down so that our offense can get plenty of opportunities. Points may be tough to get. I can't see Arizona getting a bunch unless we make mistakes or give up big plays. And if we do, do we deserve to win? We need to be aggressive on defense and cause our own turnovers. Pressure their offense just as much as they pressure us. I like our run game with Shula to Arizona's run game with Arians. Stewart is a big plus.

Fwiw, historically speaking most teams don't score their season averages in the playoffs.  At least they don't until they get to the Superbowl and play Denver.

Case in point, both of Seattle's playoff games last year were below their season average (although only by a point or two), until the got to the Superbowl and faced Denver.  :)

SF didn't reach its season average in last years playoffs either.  Neither did Denver.  In fact, I believe Denver was 15 to 20 below its season average in the playoffs last year.  When you face better teams, that is what happens.

Shula's offenses have never scored their season average in the playoffs. He has averaged about a touchdown less come playoff time.

Over his career as an OC he has averaged about 10 points a playoff game, also the Panthers score from last year.

Will Shula finally put together a solid playoff offensive showing today? Will be a major step in the right direction and may save his job.

In fairness...we should of scored more last year. We got pushed around physically at 1 yard line. I put that on the players

Archived