• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dynamic Offense

pantherfan81

WHat's up everyone? I've never posted here but just wanted to introduce myself.

Anyway, I was thinking that since our defense is so banged-up, and looking like its probably gonna have an average year at best, don't you guys think we need to have a top 5 offense? I'm thinking we're going to have to score like 30pts a game and have one of the best special teams in order to even think about making the playoffs. What do you guys think?

I don't think that our defense is going to be bad. I expect it to be a middle of the road defense though, nothing spectacular. As far as our offense goes I expect it to be like it was last year considering how every starter is back. IIRC we were 7th in the league scoring offense wise. Not too shabby.

Yeah I don't think our defense will be bad either, just not as good as last year. The thing is, last year our defense wasn't exactly dominating towards the end of the season. I feel our offense needs to be 1.5 times better than last year to compensate for the amount of scoring teams are likely to put up against us.

Yeah I don't think our defense will be bad either, just not as good as last year. The thing is, last year our defense wasn't exactly dominating towards the end of the season. I feel our offense needs to be 1.5 times better than last year to compensate for the amount of scoring teams are likely to put up against us.

So you think they need to average 39 points a game?

I don't think we'll need a top 5 offense, but we'll definitely have to score plenty of points. It makes me feel good that the success last year wasn't hugely dependent on scheme, it was from big plays, thus big play makers. That's very hard to game plan for(as opposed to the success Miami had with the wildcat).

Fox has now had an entire offseason to possibly tweak his philosophy a bit, because this is the best offense he's ever had. Hopefully that'll result in a more aggressive approach to teh defense.

We are going to give up points....but if meeks can get this defense turning the ball over, they are going to be tough.

With the offense we are going to have, a defense that forces turnovers will work well.

Thus far through the pre-season, I haven't seen it yet.

There's obviously a lot of things that have to go right for us, or any team to do well throughout the course of the season.

I know the loss of Kemo is big, but I think our defense can still be passable. One thing last year is that we didn't force a lot of turnovers..especially in the INT dept. If our secondary can step up and have a better year as far as forcing turnovers, and our offense can capitalize, then we may see little drop off.. if not *gasp* look better!

I'm not making an argument that our secondary is more talented this season.. but we did pretty well last season for the small numbers of turnovers we forced. A little luck and some good bounces can go a long way.

Archived