• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Out of the question to trade Conner for a DT?

thefuzz

He is certainly putting on a show, and I am sure that teams looking for some help at LB, with plenty of talent at DT may be taking note.

I never propose "trades" in the NFL, just because they so rarely happen. But just wondering what you guys and gals thought.

While I would hate to trade away an up-and-comer like Connor, I think it would be justified only if we could get a great DT in return. I'm not talking about a veteran stop-gap here -- I'm talking someone of Dorsey's caliber. Of course, it would require much more than Connor to swing such a deal, and I don't think that's going to happen.

Would get no where near his potential in return

Quite possible, just tossing it out there.

Oh and I know that Beason is nicked up, but we have a very very deep LB stable, and an extremely shallow DT stable.

The reason I mentioned it.

What exactly is Dorsey's caliber? Not shooting the idea down..but I am not sure Dorsey is so great. He was a monster in college.

Rookie DTs rarely do well to begin with, and he had no one next to him in KC last year. Now he's entering year two and they switch to a system where he isn't the best fit. This is almost an ideal situation for the next team that signs him--his stock will be lower than it should based on his environment, but his skills will still be there.

If we could somehow manage to get Dorsey, he would be a superstar. His first step is like lightning, and he's very strong with a good center of gravity. He's also an amazing athlete for someone his size--think of Peppers in a DT's body.

You put Dorsey next to Brown on one side, and damn near anybody next to Peppers on the other, then turn up the pressure, and you've suddenly got a line that looks like the Giants'.

Archived