• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC Defensive PLayer of the Week - Roman Harper

Jeremy Igo

hmm.......I think Harpers pick 6 was more being in a random place at the right time more than a great play.............it was a good catch and run back, but he's one more guy that is getting long in the tooth that needs replaced by some young fire in the future was well.......

Shut up. Root for freakin team.

I don't know if Harper has improved his game or if our defense around him has improved and made him look better but either way I am happy a panther won. Congrats Ron Harper! I never thought I would see the day where Harper won any kind of defensive award.

The speed of Bene, Norman, Boston, and Jones around Roman Harper has increased allowing him to play more underneath with the LBs, and having Harper playing more of the underneath coverage has allowed the LBs to cover more ground underneath with their sideline to sideline speed in the flats and over the short middle.

The LBs were having to play deeper drops early in the season to make up for the lack of speed of Cason, White, Harpers, and DeCoud. This took them away from the shallow sideline routes and gave up about 8 yards near the line of scrimmage they were trying to cover with Charles Johnson the way they used Greg Hardy last season.

Harper is still a liability and teams will continue to attack him. I just hope they keep using Harper as bait to set up the younger DBs with some trap coverage.

Good grief we have some irrational hating mofos around here.  Y'all talk about Harper like he's the worst damn safety in the league, which he isn't.  Yes, he started out the season bad... you know who else started the season off bad?  The whole damn defense.  Cason, CJ, Godfrey, Decoud, White, Star, even Luke and TD were taking their turns fuging up.

There's no sense in all this hate for Harper because he played for the Saints.  He plays for the Panthers now -- get over it.

Harper has played very solid this past month.  In fact, I've noticed him more often than not these past 4 games for making actual plays.  He wrecked the Saints, played solid against both the Browns and Bucs, and once again played one of his best games of the season against the Falcons.  He had Roddy blanketed in the endzone and deflected what would've been a sure TD when Matt escaped the rush.  He took an INT back to the house, and he laid the wood a couple of times.

The dude is playing as well as anyone on our defense right now.  Quit being haters.

Archived