• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC Defensive PLayer of the Week - Roman Harper

Jeremy Igo

I don't know if Harper has improved his game or if our defense around him has improved and made him look better but either way I am happy a panther won. Congrats Ron Harper! I never thought I would see the day where Harper won any kind of defensive award.

An effective front 4 will always make a secondary look better. I would guess last year's secondary would have struggled some this year also.

Harper is not as bad as people think he is around here. But retards do not understand why he is on the field. Knocking him because he is slow as hell making it hard for him to cover is misunderstanding his purpose on the team. He is here for his veteran leadership, solid run/containing plays and most importantley being able to be in the right spot at the right time by understand what is in front of him. He also lays the wood, an added bonus.

I think huddlers are just butthurt from playing against him so long. He is far from a great or maybe even a good player, but he is not what the huddle makes him out to be. He is a solid vet who is still able to be in the rights spot to make plays, despite being slow as fack. He is OK despite his mistakes.

I would guess his experience within our division also played a part in the decision to sign him. Veterans such as Kalil, CJ, Cotchery, and Harper can bring a value to a team that doesn't always show up in the stat sheet.

I just don't understand the hate for Harper.

I get he use to be a Saint.

In the NFL, vets move.

He has been invaluable to our secondary this season. He may not have been playing exceptional early on, but his play has been damn good for the last month.

But don't let those facts get in the way of your hate, young jedis.

I've been critical of his play earlier in the year and not because of who he used to play for.  When you see the back of his jersey when someone is running past him, it's easy to hate.

That being said, it's easy to see that a lot of that was him being asked to do too much.  Now that the pass rush is better and our corners are in good shape, he's not having to play outside of his ability and it shows.

Also cannot underestimate the value of good veteran leadership back there.

Congrats Ron.

the best defensive player in that game was CJ. honorable mention to: Norman, Bene, Harper, Star.. basically everyone else

I agree.  They give awards based on stat sheets, I suppose. 

Harper will be very valuable to the secondary in the playoffs.  We are starting Norman, Benwikere, and Boston,  We need his leadership.

I still think our priorities for next season are LT, WR, SS

Archived