• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3rd preseason game ahead...

Zod

I still see vanilla for the third preseason game. But more like Breyer's vanilla with the specks of real bean.

mmmmm.....tasty. if i'm going to go vanilla, i'm going with breyers. (just never make the mistake of getting french vanilla....it's not the same thing)

postseason form?

God i hope not.

he looked good against the giants, but not miami.

I wouldn't say he looked great against Miami either, but Miami was doing everything they could to shut the run down. They constantly had eight men in the box, knowing we didn't really have any viable passing threats. And yet, even after getting stuffed at the line play after play, he still managed to run for that long touchdown when it seemed there were no yards to be gained.

DeAngelo Williams is one of the last people I'm worried about showing up to play come regular season.

I wouldn't say he looked great against Miami either, but Miami was doing everything they could to shut the run down. They constantly had eight men in the box, knowing we didn't really have any viable passing threats. And yet, even after getting stuffed at the line play after play, he still managed to run for that long touchdown when it seemed there were no yards to be gained.

DeAngelo Williams is one of the last people I'm worried about showing up to play come regular season.

Exactly. D did what he does. He keeps on going until the end of the game. He had a rather amazing run, and who's to say he wouldn't do it again later in the game if he played it all. I think he would have. My point is, he has shown that we can count on him to make a big play when needed.

I expect much of the same. The offense will be sluggish and sloppy and the defense will give up just as much rushing yardage. One thing that I have found to be pretty weird thus far in preseason is that we haven't really played anyone with good passing games. Our corners haven't really been tested at all and don't figure to be this week or next. It will be interesting to see how we handle Philly in week one who loves to throw it up and Atlanta in week two, a team that has a powerful yet balanced attack.

I think we see more deep throws than runs. Goodson might get more time with the first team. DeA goes first quarter and some second.

Jake and SS and Moose need to get some timing down.

I think they try to allow Jarrett more focused time. But this is it for him. Unfortunately against stellar DB's.

I think we get a return for a td in this game.

Ryne Robinson is on the bubble. He might over compensate trying to make a big play and either gets nailed or fumbles again. Nice knowing ya.

Godfrey. Please open your eyes.

D line will get tested a lot. Pep plays 1st half and thats it.

I think on D, nothing fancy. Especially Ravens offense is always very vanilla.

I think we see more deep throws than runs. Goodson might get more time with the first team. DeA goes first quarter and some second.

Jake and SS and Moose need to get some timing down.

I think they try to allow Jarrett more focused time. But this is it for him. Unfortunately against stellar DB's.

I think we get a return for a td in this game.

Ryne Robinson is on the bubble. He might over compensate trying to make a big play and either gets nailed or fumbles again. Nice knowing ya.

Godfrey. Please open your eyes.

D line will get tested a lot. Pep plays 1st half and thats it.

I think on D, nothing fancy. Especially Ravens offense is always very vanilla.

Usually in the third preseason game Fox likes the guys to play at least one series after the half. I would bet that the starters stay in there for one series after halftime but thats probably it.

Another thing I failed to mention earlier was who is going to be the first QB off the bench. I'm hoping its Matt Moore but there is a chance that the coaching staff is merely rotating them and last week was Moore's turn to play with the 2's instead of making a jump up the depth chart like we all thought.

Another thing I failed to mention earlier was who is going to be the first QB off the bench. I'm hoping its Matt Moore but there is a chance that the coaching staff is merely rotating them and last week was Moore's turn to play with the 2's instead of making a jump up the depth chart like we all thought.

I am going to guess this is the case. We'll probably know for sure based on who plays with the 2s against Baltimore though.

As long as we don't have any serious injuries then I'm not going to get too worked up over the preseason games. I'm just going to put my faith in the Panthers and the players that when the time comes they'll turn it on.

That's not to say that it's not disappointing to see our players mess up, it's just, we know our offense is playoff caliber; I like to think that we're only getting better in that area and that they're adding in new offensive 'wrinkles.' I want to see more screens/passes to RBs and I like seeing Jake throw to our TEs, not every pass has to be a lob up high for Steve. It might also be interesting to see some Wildcat formations that utilize our talented RB core. We could put D-lo and Stew in there and have them fake hand offs to each other or line Jake up in there and have them do that double reverse thing Miami did to us where they handed it off a couple times and then tossed it to Pennington who lobbed it down field to a WR. I dunno, I'm not an OC, I just hope Davidson is getting crafty. :D

The defense is what worries me, and where I must be blindly faithful in Meeks and Fox and the other defensive coaches, especially the d line coach Baker. It's still apparently a work in progress but I really hope they can shape a solid defensive unit out of our guys, we certainly have enough talent and money :D invested in them. I'll be holding my breath at the outset of the Philly game if the D doesn't look any better come Sept. 13th.

Archived