• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where is Charles Johnson?

Cyberjag

Has he done anything at all this preseason? Given how he ended things last year, I was kind of expecting to see him come in and push Brayton for the starting job. Instead, I see Brayton all over the field and Johnson's either not playing or disappearing against their second stringers.

Does anyone know what's going on with him?

Like you said, it seems like he hasn't even been playing as much. Maybe with Kemo gone, they want the best run-stuffing DE on the roster, which in my opinion is Brayton. That being said, it is just preseason, so you'd think they'd throw that out the window.

Who knows, but I also have high hopes for Johnson this season.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the tackling by the entire team. Game plan or not, I expect them to tackle well at all times...especially the DB's. Every CB and safety needs to be a good tackler for this defense to work, and I don't believe you can just flip a switch in week 1 and everybody will all of the sudden be great tacklers when they haven't done it in the pre season games. We will see what happens, but this is a very legitimate concern, IMO.

And for the record, I'm not particularly worried about Charles Johnson, because I've already seen what he can do when the games count.

Archived