• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Backup qb

Nu Guns

Stop the press - look what Im gonna say "Jake looked Good" !

Matt Moore however did not.

As many of you know I am not Jake's biggest fan, but I do not want him replaced until we actually have a better QB to replace him with.

Matt Moore will never be that guy, nor is he our future.

I think Moore looked great. Delhomme stole the show with his arm, but Moore came in and showed us why he deserves the #2 spot. Did he do awesome, no. Moore got the ball to the open reciever most of the time, even though most of his passes are touch throws, he shows alot of poise in the pocket. McCown on the other hand, in my mind, did not look good at all. He looked shaky back in the pocket, but I would too, considering how our o-line was blocking. I was surprised that we didn't see Cantwell come in late in the 4th, and was questioning the coaches decision on keeping Mccown in there.

Simply put : Moore in my mind outshined McCown. Anyone else notice that Moore was the second string QB vs the dolphins, when usually he is the third behind McCown? I smell a move up in the depth chart.

We really need to dump McCown and bump up Cantwell...save us some cash.

seriously. I don't know why they keep holding onto McCown. The guy is 30, so I wonder what use we would have of him if Delhomme goes down. Sure he has experience, but from his past performances (starting), I don't trust or have faith in him. Moore is inexperienced, but he brings alot more to the table. Cantwell showed some good things last week, and I want to see more of him, but I think that they will sign him to the practice squad and keep McCown and Moore on the depth chart knowing the panthers.

seriously. I don't know why they keep holding onto McCown. The guy is 30, so I wonder what use we would have of him if Delhomme goes down. Sure he has experience, but from his past performances (starting), I don't trust or have faith in him. Moore is inexperienced, but he brings alot more to the table. Cantwell showed some good things last week, and I want to see more of him, but I think that they will sign him to the practice squad and keep McCown and Moore on the depth chart knowing the panthers.

Agreed on all parts...Just because McCown is more experienced I believe they will keep him but they shouldn't. The experiences he's shown in the past aren't any good and when Moore has gotten a chance to start he did well. Cantwell looked good (although against 4th stringers) and deserves more looks. The only thing that worries me is that if Moore got bumped up to #2 during the week and Cantwell didn't get any reps, there must be something going on in practice that shows Cantwell ONLY looked good going against other PS guys. Anyway, release McCown, Moore #2, Cantwell either PS or #3

Moore = McCown = Moore. Neither are worth a damn, So I want to see Cantwell.

No way :nonod:

You're gonna have to show me more than one half-decent drive (a lot on the back of Mike Goodson) in a preseason game against scrubs before I'm ready to drop an established veteran.

You're gonna have to show me more than one half-decent drive (a lot on the back of Mike Goodson) in a preseason game against scrubs before I'm ready to drop an established veteran.

Established at being useless. Hurts but its true. I don't feel like McCown provides anything that your random, cheap, young Quarterback wouldn't if Jake went down. He's no better than Moore, and Moore's not looking good either.

We know what we have with McCown, but Cantwell on the other hand... I think it's worth taking a look at what he can do, because at this point it can't hurt.

Archived