• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And the Panthers rookie of the year is....

Jeremy Igo

KB. He was thrown into a situation where he was the guy day 1 and hit 1000 yards and 9 touchdowns.

Smith only had 7 1000 yard seasons in his career here. Only 745 last year.

Smith only got over 8 touchdowns once in his career.

Kony did a respectable job in a very difficult position to excel at as a rookie. He was thrown into the fire and got nothing but poo talked about him while he carried our abysmal D-line. I vote Ealy.

Carried is a little strong but I was pleased to see him Keep Pounding. He had a lot of negativity aimed at him from draft day on and he made an impact.

If you merge Norwell and Turner that'd be mine.  For the season, I'm going with KB.  He gave the offense an added dimension regardless of Cam being here or not.  Bene has been outstanding but missed games because of that minor injury.  Shout out to ealy these past 4 weeks as well.  He's excelling.  

Bejeezus, look at this rookie haul:

Benjamin-WR

Benwikere-CB

Ealy-DE

Turner-RG

Norwell-LG

Brown-WR

Boston-FS

Glanton-OLB

What an unbelievable haul that you can pretty much guarantee will all be returning next season.  

Hmm. I don't know about that one...

1,000 yards receiving and 9 touchdowns? Not really something you can just toss aside.

I'm not looking at stats. Our last 4 games we've had 199 something rushing yards per game and our defense is allowing like 10 pts/game. Bene is huge part of that upgrade on defense and like the other thread said since coming back from injury Bene is the 2nd rated corner on PFF. Norwell is the reason our run game is so good right now. We are winning these past 4 weeks because of our run game and our defense, and Norwell and Bene are the rookies contributing to that. KB has been spectacular, but has he really been contributing that much to our winning? A lot of those stats were garbage time and he hasn't been very consistent. Not knocking KB really, just trying to say how important Norwell and Bene have been for us.

Norwell and Bene share it. KB has not been nearly as important as either of those two.

Not nearly as important? Not as impressive, yes. But KB was our leading WR by almost double. He was very important.. he just needs to work on his drops. Norwell and Bene both impressed me more considering their draft status and I think Bene could have been more important had he played more, but neither were as important as KB. 

This can all be looked at in so many different angles; it's almost impossible to choose a top rookie. 

Archived