• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is Rosario beeing thrown under the bus?

gorillamilitia13

Before you guys rip my head off and yell at me dont you think that Rosario should start over Barnidge and King? I mean this guy is a hell of a blocker and i've never seen him drop a ball intended at him. That 25 yard run by D-will last night would not have happened if it wasnt for a great Rosario block. Our TE's should look like this

D. Rosario, G. Barnidge, J. King

We should just use King as trade bait.

Rosario helped set unrealistic expectations by having the best game a TE's had in a decade against San Diego. A Steve Smith led, running game team like we had last year won't support that type production, especially split between two TEs.

It also didn't help that he false started a ton.

And let's face it, he wasn't good against New York. Should he be blocking DEs one on one in pass protection? Maybe not, but if you want to be a starter, you have to be able to take on third stringers well.

I do think Rosario's our most talented guy. I like him. But one great game doesn't make him that much better than one game made him expendable. All three of our guys will get to the roster, all three will make the field, all three will have a role. Now we have to see someone actually step up and take that time away from the other two. They're all cheap, and they're all worthy.

And yeah, King's still our primary blocker, so that will inevitably make him a starter, which is OK.

Rosario had a good preseason last year too...or did we forget that? The guy simply isn't a baller. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't step up to the plate on gameday consistently, you shouldn't be starting. At least King has one thing he does really well, he blocks very very well. Rosario's prowess in receiving is perhaps a 7 compared to King's 6, and his blocking, well that's a 4 to King's 8. you do the math

King is the starter. Barnidge shows alot of versatility in the recieving game, and if he learns to block better, I bet he ends up numer 2 on the depth chart. One thing about rosario that bothers me, is like peppers, sometimes I feel that he dissapears alot from the field. Jeff King is the man for now, Barnidge and Rosario are good second stringers, but I dont feel like neither of them would be able to step up and start.

Rosario had a good preseason last year too...or did we forget that? The guy simply isn't a baller. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't step up to the plate on gameday consistently, you shouldn't be starting. At least King has one thing he does really well, he blocks very very well. Rosario's prowess in receiving is perhaps a 7 compared to King's 6, and his blocking, well that's a 4 to King's 8. you do the math

King isn't even close to Rosario in the receiving game, be honest. King offers very little receiving ability, so he is like a smaller olineman.

rosario would be an extremely good TE if he could fix the mental errors he's prone to. i think the FO is hoping Barnidge will split the middle between rosario and king: rosario's athletic and recieving edge, and king's mental/blocking skills.

'official' depth charts don't matter here.

barnidge is a favorite target of jake's now. he's going to be lining up as a WR a good bit just as he has so far this preseason and at TC.

rosario might be a more talented receiver and king might be more reliable for the catch but neither of those two have jake's confidence like barnidge. the only thing holding him back is the blocking but that is why they are running so many two TE sets.

rosario has improved as a blocker, though. he had some really good and impressive ones saturday night and he's making himself into a good jack of all trades fitting in where ever he can. barnidge is mainly going to be a receiving option.

Archived