• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Trestman for OC?

MedellinHeel

It's not just Cam though, it's the OL and receivers as well. It's also a pass or fail thing as well. Everyone has to be on the same page for it to work and when it doesn't work it's a disaster (i.e. Chicago).

It's just not a good fit at this time with Cam coming into his prime.

I also don't want to write Trestman off. I actually think he's a solid offensive mind and could be a solid coordinator in the right scenario. However, that scenario just isn't Carolina. There are too many factors that go against completely retooling an offense. Like I said again, Pittsburgh's decision to hire Todd Haley and his offensive scheme literally cost Ben Roethlisberger two years. It took that team two fricken years to learn a new offense.

It's a nice thought, but it's just not a good idea.

And now Big Ben is tied for the passing crown and Antonio brown is a mvp candidate.

And now Big Ben is tied for the passing crown and Antonio brown is a mvp candidate.

After how many years?

Big Ben is on the back end of his career. Pittsburgh could have afforded to take a chance because Roethlisberger has ax max of three years left.

Cam is coming into his prime and you want to waste possibly up to two years teaching a system and hoping it works (when he's been successful in the Coryell system).

Yeah, great idea.

There was so much hype behind this guy and I never got it.  He hopped around so many teams in the 90s and 2000s before randomly doing a gig at NCSU and then Canada for like 6 years.  

You not see his wiki? Dude has posted results at nearly every stop he has been. He has made numerous scrub QBs look good. 

After how many years?

Big Ben is on the back end of his career. Pittsburgh could have afforded to take a chance because Roethlisberger has ax max of three years left.

Cam is coming into his prime and you want to waste possibly up to two years teaching a system and hoping it works (when he's been successful in the Coryell system).

Yeah, great idea.

This would be the second year in that system. So it only took him a year to learn.

Pittsburgh sucked last year mostly because they had to transition from their old defense to a younger one.

This would be the second year in that system. So it only took him a year to learn.

Pittsburgh sucked last year mostly because they had to transition from their old defense to a younger one.

Haley was hired in 2012.

12-13

13-14

14-15

That's three years.

And they sucked because of their offense as they ranked 20th or lower in both of Haley's first two seasons. On the contrary their defense wa ranked first in 2012 and 13th in 2013.

It was clearly their offense. After all, they nearly fired Haley.

Archived