• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Trestman for OC?

MedellinHeel

Been plenty of coaches to install a new O or D and had early success. Not an automatic deathwish for the season.

At the end of the day I want a great OC calling plays. I can live with a few hiccups starting out if that means cutting lose dead weight (shula).

Cam was a read option QB in college and came in and set the world on fire in a Air Raid style scheme.

Not that big of deal on O as its mainly timing and route concepts.

Now, switching a 4-3 to a 3-4 on D could def be problematic. But even then people have made it work over night.

There's also been plenty of coaches that have failed at it (installing a new offense) and with Cam coming into his prime years it's not a wise decision to install a new offense. We would be literally wasting years HOPING that he picks up the offense. Not to mention Trestman also used a flex blocking scheme compared to the zone blocking scheme that we currently run. That's literally an entire new offense that everyone has to learn. Not to mention Trestman's offense isn't really tailored to a QB like Cam. His hybrid west coast is tailored to the short passing game (where Cam seems to struggle). It literally takes away the 10-15 yard routes that Cam is so good at. If Cam was a rookie or he was on the back nine of his career, I'd definitely give Trestman a look. However, at this point in Cam's career, continuity is the most important thing.

There's also been plenty of coaches that have failed at it (installing a new offense) and with Cam coming into his prime years it's not a wise decision to install a new offense. We would be literally wasting years HOPING that he picks up the offense. Not to mention Trestman also used a flex blocking scheme compared to the zone blocking scheme that we currently run. That's literally an entire new offense that everyone has to learn. Not to mention Trestman's offense isn't really tailored to a QB like Cam. His hybrid west coast is tailored to the short passing game (where Cam seems to struggle). It literally takes away the 10-15 yard routes that Cam is so good at. If Cam was a rookie or he was on the back nine of his career, I'd definitely give Trestman a look. However, at this point in Cam's career, continuity is the most important thing.

Cam has proven to be a fast learner. We do well when we go hurry up short to mid passing routes sprinkled in with some longer ones. 

Wouldnt worry about it. 

Cam has proven to be a fast learner. We do well when we go hurry up short to mid passing routes sprinkled in with some longer ones.

Wouldnt worry about it.

It's not just Cam though, it's the OL and receivers as well. It's also a pass or fail thing as well. Everyone has to be on the same page for it to work and when it doesn't work it's a disaster (i.e. Chicago).

It's just not a good fit at this time with Cam coming into his prime.

I also don't want to write Trestman off. I actually think he's a solid offensive mind and could be a solid coordinator in the right scenario. However, that scenario just isn't Carolina. There are too many factors that go against completely retooling an offense. Like I said again, Pittsburgh's decision to hire Todd Haley and his offensive scheme literally cost Ben Roethlisberger two years. It took that team two fricken years to learn a new offense.

It's a nice thought, but it's just not a good idea.

I'd take DeHaven as the ST Coach honestly, but DeCamillis would likely be my first choice.

Would prefer Ramsdell as QB Coach. That's where he's got a good resume'.

OC? If we stay Coryell, maybe Ken Zampese from the Bengals.

Zampese would kill to coach a QB like Cam. He's really not fit to be with the Bengals as I believe they still run a hybrid west coast (specifically tailored to Dalton) and Zampese's roots are as a Coryell guy... so it might work. I still find it funny that a guy whose father helped engineer the Coryell is working in a West Coast offense.

I also think Zampese interviewed for our OC position in 2007 (Jeff Davidson eventually got the job).

He has always made his QBs look good. So much so people were thinking TB was gonna go places with McCown. McCown without Trestman is complete trash. 

It is atleast 50/50 to whether or not Shula will return. DG knows our O was complete trash and Shula had a very big hand it in with his ass playcalling and lack of adjusting. 

trestman without a doubt in my mind would make cam a noticeably better player by next season. but i'll bet you a kazillion dollars shula is the OC next year for this team

Excuses, excuses.

How in God's earth can some of you even remotely begin to defend such an ASS playcaller. Forget the talent.

The dude calls 20+ yard bombs on every 3rd and short. Get real. He sucks. Why he has sucked at every stop in his career calling plays.

Winning record

He runs a ball control O.....yet has been given weak OLs. Yet we still have won overall.

His young QB has his WR corp completed overhauled and has been hurt all year.

Shula is boring. Boring can be effective.

Archived