• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Trestman for OC?

MedellinHeel

Your opinion is based on excuses for a lame duck coach who has been a disappointment at every stop in his career. 

Just stop it. 

He sucks. 

Seriously, call JR and RR and ask for a meeting.  They need to know this stuff you are sharing with us for free.  Good day.

All of those offenses have been West Coast offenses. However, you look at the new style of NFL, where every team runs multiple offenses, he hasn't really performed that well. That includes having a guy like Jay Cutler (who can be a hindrance and a boon), as well as Marshall, Jeffery, and Forte, on offense.

There's nothing special about the guy. He's a relic of the NFL from a decade ago. His two years in Chicago, which lead to an immediate firing, should tell you that.

He hasnt performed well? He has performed well at every stop CALLING plays. 

HC and OC are two completely different things so not sure why you and others are bringing up his time in Chicago. 

And if you want to bring that up he made McCown look all world and got him paid in TB. Yes McCown who is absolute trash. 

I'd like to give Ramsdell a shot should Shula be fired (unlikely).

I feel like Ramsdell doesn't really have any input, he's just kind of "here".

I'd also like to grab DeCamillis from Chicago to replace Rodgers.

DeHaven (assistant) had some success in Buffalo and I think he would be a good assistant to a competent special teams coach.

I'd take DeHaven as the ST Coach honestly, but DeCamillis would likely be my first choice.

Would prefer Ramsdell as QB Coach.  That's where he's got a good resume'.

OC?  If we stay Coryell, maybe Ken Zampese from the Bengals.

He hasnt performed well? He has performed well at every stop CALLING plays. 

HC and OC are two completely different things so not sure why you and others are bringing up his time in Chicago. 

And if you want to bring that up he made McCown look all world and got him paid in TB. Yes McCown who is absolute trash.

...You do know that Trestman called the plays in Chicago, right? So, in actuality, there isn't much difference between what Trestman did in Chicago and what he did elsewhere.

...You do know that Trestman called the plays in Chicago, right? So, in actuality, there isn't much difference between what Trestman did in Chicago and what he did elsewhere.

If that is the case he made McCown look like a Probowler and got him paid in TB. 

Trestman has largely been known as very QB friendly and good offensive playcaller. 

He is 1000x better than Shula. 

shula will be here next year. with ron and mcdermotte and jerry and not much will be different. personally i'd be for it because he's great with QBs who want to listen to him unlike cutler. he made little jimmy clausen look decent, imagine an offseason with cam

shula will be here next year. with ron and mcdermotte and jerry and not much will be different. personally i'd be for it because he's great with QBs who want to listen to him unlike cutler. he made little jimmy clausen look decent, imagine an offseason with cam

He has always made his QBs look good. So much so people were thinking TB was gonna go places with McCown. McCown without Trestman is complete trash. 

It is atleast 50/50 to whether or not Shula will return. DG knows our O was complete trash and Shula had a very big hand it in with his ass playcalling and lack of adjusting. 

If that is the case he made McCown look like a Probowler and got him paid in TB. 

Trestman has largely been known as very QB friendly and good offensive playcaller. 

He is 1000x better than Shula.

I'm not saying that he isn't better than Shula, but because a polished turd looks better than a turd, doesn't mean that it's jewelry.

You would also have to go through the rigors of teaching Cam the West Coast Offense, an incredibly complex and precise offensive scheme.

I'm not saying that he isn't better than Shula, but because a polished turd looks better than a turd, doesn't mean that it's jewelry.

You would also have to go through the rigors of teaching Cam the West Coast Offense, an incredibly complex and precise offensive scheme.

Not getting the polished turd sentiment. 

Trestman is widely regarded as a QB guru and good offensive playcaller. 

Would be a great fugging hire. 

Not getting the polished turd sentiment. 

Trestman is widely regarded as a QB guru and good offensive playcaller. 

Would be a great fugging hire.

Again, there's many people that think totally different... And judging by the disaster in Chicago, it's going to be that way for a while.

You're trying to argue in circles, and it doesn't make sense. Maybe you're Trestman's son or nephew or something, but it's not going to happen.

Can we move on now?

Again, there's many people that think totally different... And judging by the disaster in Chicago, it's going to be that way for a while.

You're trying to argue in circles, and it doesn't make sense. Maybe you're Trestman's son or nephew or something, but it's not going to happen.

Can we move on now?

This isnt up for debate. His resume and results speak for themselves. 

Would be like someone arguing RR was not a good defensive coach / playcaller. 

Disaster in Chicago? He has made the likes of Clausen and McCown look good. Cutler just fuggin boneheaded and doesnt listen and gets everyone fired. What Trestman has done in Chicago has only further his reputation as a QB guru / QB whisper. 

Trestman will be highly sought after as an OC and some might even be interested in him as a HC. 

Any Panther fan should be ecstatic to get a guy with his resume and reputation. 

No to Trestman.

Bringing in a coach who runs an offense that most of our players are unfamiliar with is not a wise decision.

Remember when Todd Haley brought his offensive schemes and designs from Kansas City with him to Pittsburgh. It worked so well that many wanted him fired and he nearly was. Haley just happened to be smart enough to make adjustments and get back to an offense that suited the offensive talent that he had.

No to Trestman.

Bringing in a coach who runs an offense that most of our players are unfamiliar with is not a wise decision.

Remember when Todd Haley brought his offensive schemes and designs from Kansas City with him to Pittsburgh. It worked so well that many wanted him fired and he nearly was. Haley just happened to be smart enough to make adjustments and get back to an offense that suited the offensive talent that he had.

Been plenty of coaches to install a new O or D and had early success. Not an automatic deathwish for the season. 

At the end of the day I want a great OC calling plays. I can live with a few hiccups starting out if that means cutting lose dead weight (shula). 

Cam was a read option QB in college and came in and set the world on fire in a Air Raid style scheme. 

Not that big of deal on O as its mainly timing and route concepts. 

Now, switching a 4-3 to a 3-4 on D could def be problematic. But even then people have made it work over night. 

Archived