• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Trestman for OC?

MedellinHeel

Shula will be here.  Ron is going to show his assistants the same loyalty that he has been shown.  Give Shula some weapons and he may surprise you.  LT, WR, and a RB coming soon.

Not comparable. 

Ron is a PROVEN coach. Was / is one of the top defensive minds in the game. Won COTY as a HC. 

Shula has been underwhelming at every stop in his career. 

Again Trestman was a complete disaster in Chicago.

Yes, he had some success in the CFL.

His claim to fame before that was running Gruden's offense in Oakland.

Jon Gruden will not be the HC in Carolina next year.

Pass.

HC and OC are completely different things. So your Chicago point holds zero merit. 

Had success in the CFL? I didnt even mention any of his CFL success. He has been successful as an OC at 3 different teams in the NFL. 

Who you want that is better and realistic? 

Not comparable. 

Ron is a PROVEN coach. Was / is one of the top defensive minds in the game. Won COTY as a HC. 

Shula has been underwhelming at every stop in his career. 

Shula has never had weapons at any stop in his career--yes, it is comparable.  How you are treated is how you treat others.  Team sport, team concept.  There has been no signal from RR that he is unhappy with Shula.  You don't know any more than I or anyone else does.  My comment was based on a hunch--Shula will be here. 

I am not a Shula fan, but I know that he has never had a top qb and a loaded offense.  When you have a dominant defense, the blueprint for this team, you hire a conservative OC. You don't throw the ball 35 times in a game if your LT is Bell, if your WRs are either rookies or slowing veterans.  Shula frustrates people for that reason.  I see the panthers adding a T, RB, and WR next year.  Shula will be more aggressive when he has the weapons.  Shula seems to be what Rivera wants. 

This team was not rebuilt in a year.  THe plan was to solidify the defense and have an offense that keeps you in games.  If Shula cam out throwing bombs and deep outs, not only would he not be successful, he would be contradicting the philosophy RR has for success.  This aint madden,

Shula has never had weapons at any stop in his career--yes, it is comparable.  How you are treated is how you treat others.  Team sport, team concept.  There has been no signal from RR that he is unhappy with Shula.  You don't know any more than I or anyone else does.  My comment was based on a hunch--Shula will be here. 

I am not a Shula fan, but I know that he has never had a top qb and a loaded offense.  When you have a dominant defense, the blueprint for this team, you hire a conservative OC. You don't throw the ball 35 times in a game if your LT is Bell, if your WRs are either rookies or slowing veterans.  Shula frustrates people for that reason.  I see the panthers adding a T, RB, and WR next year.  Shula will be more aggressive when he has the weapons.  Shula seems to be what Rivera wants. 

This team was not rebuilt in a year.  THe plan was to solidify the defense and have an offense that keeps you in games.  If Shula cam out throwing bombs and deep outs, not only would he not be successful, he would be contradicting the philosophy RR has for success.  This aint madden,

Excuses, excuses. 

How in God's earth can some of you even remotely begin to defend such an ASS playcaller. Forget the talent. 

The dude calls 20+ yard bombs on every 3rd and short. Get real. He sucks. Why he has sucked at every stop in his career calling plays. 

Excuses, excuses. 

How in God's earth can some of you even remotely begin to defend such an ASS playcaller. Forget the talent. 

The dude calls 20+ yard bombs on every 3rd and short. Get real. He sucks. Why he has sucked at every stop in his career calling plays. 

Then you know more than the Panther front office.  Must be a terrible burden. 

Then you know more than the Panther front office.  Must be a terrible burden. 

Pretty sure the FO knows he sucks ass and will be giving him the boot come the last game. Only way I see him staying is if the offense looks competent and we win the superbowl. 

Which aint happening. 

Pretty sure the FO knows he sucks ass and will be giving him the boot come the last game. Only way I see him staying is if the offense looks competent and we win the superbowl. 

Which aint happening. 

Are you "pretty sure?"   Then I apologize for my comments.  I was simply expressing my opinion.  To be "pretty sure" I would have to have inside information, or it would be nothing but a guess. 

Are you "pretty sure?"   Then I apologize for my comments.  I was simply expressing my opinion.  To be "pretty sure" I would have to have inside information, or it would be nothing but a guess. 

Your opinion is based on excuses for a lame duck coach who has been a disappointment at every stop in his career. 

Just stop it. 

He sucks. 

Huh? His stints as an offensive playcaller have been mostly successful.

All of those offenses have been West Coast offenses. However, you look at the new style of NFL, where every team runs multiple offenses, he hasn't really performed that well. That includes having a guy like Jay Cutler (who can be a hindrance and a boon), as well as Marshall, Jeffery, and Forte, on offense.

There's nothing special about the guy. He's a relic of the NFL from a decade ago. His two years in Chicago, which lead to an immediate firing, should tell you that.

Archived