• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Trestman for OC?

MedellinHeel

Who you prefer that is better and actually realistic?

Either way, Trestman has showed he's pretty much garbage. I wouldn't touch the guy.

Realistic options? I don't know. There's tons of guys out there. Scott Turner might be an option.

But, honestly, we probably need to accept Shula will be here next year.

I'd like to give Ramsdell a shot should Shula be fired (unlikely).

I feel like Ramsdell doesn't really have any input, he's just kind of "here".

I'd also like to grab DeCamillis from Chicago to replace Rodgers.

DeHaven (assistant) had some success in Buffalo and I think he would be a good assistant to a competent special teams coach.

Either way, Trestman has showed he's pretty much garbage. I wouldn't touch the guy.

Realistic options? I don't know. There's tons of guys out there. Scott Turner might be an option.

But, honestly, we probably need to accept Shula will be here next year.

Huh? His stints as an offensive playcaller have been mostly successful. 

His promotion to offensive coordinator in 1989 was made before the team named Bud Carson as Marty Schottenheimer's successor as head coach.[6] Kosar passed for 3,533 yards and 18 TDs that season, while wide receiver Webster Slaughter had a franchise record 1,236 receiving yards. Trestman was dismissed after the Browns' third loss in the AFC Championship game in four years, primarily due to his strained relationship with Carson.[6]

He returned to the NFL in 1995 as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator with San Francisco, where he served in that capacity through1996. The first year he was in San Francisco, the team led the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

Trestman joined the Detroit Lions as quarterbacks coach in 1997. That year Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell passed for 3,484 yards, fourth most in team history.

In 1998 he was with the Arizona Cardinals as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. That year quarterback Jake Plummer threw for 3,737 yards, and the Cardinals made the playoffs for the first time since 1982 and won their first post season game in 51 years.

He next went to the Oakland Raiders in 2001 as the quarterbacks coach. In 2002 he was promoted to offensive coordinator and the Raiders led the NFL in total offense with 389.8 yards per game and passing yards with 279.7 per game. Under Trestman's guidance, Raiders QB Rich Gannonwon the 2002 NFL MVP award as the Raiders reached Super Bowl XXXVII, losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Archived