• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk BoA Stadium

Panthersfan105

Go to a canes game in Raleigh if you want to see a REAL sports atmosphere. They have a family atmosphere too. The only difference is the fans are LOUD and are very passionate and they stick with their team no matter what. I went to both games against Pittsburgh in the conference finals and everyone stayed in their seat the whole game and continued making noise even though we were getting totally blown out. The crowd also gave the canes a standing ovation after they were eliminated. Those are things you would NEVER in a million years see at a panther game. Its amazing how these two teams are only a couple of hours apart but the fan support is completely the opposite from each other.

Anything sounds loud in a building as big as my closet. Not to mention there is nothing to do in the city of Raleigh. They need things like that or they'd all off themselves while playing in traffic. :wink:

Give it time though. Once the kids of today who go have families and can teach their kids to love the team it'll slowly build a dedicated fan base. You don't become Philly Fan overnight and you can't become a Pittsburgh before at least 25 years.

Pretty much.

It's generally acknowledged that the stadium was pretty loud last year, especially in the latter half of the season, so the fanbase is catching on. Perhaps slowly, but it does appear to be happening.

I've never heard any other fan of any other team call us a wine and cheeser fanbase.

In fact, I've only heard that we have one of the meanest fanbases in the league.

Now I haven't been to many Panthers games personally, and we can obviously get better as a fan base, but the wine and cheeser nickname is self-given.

People also have to keep in mind that were still young, and that most of the fanbase are Redskins/Steelers converts.

A convert fan is almost never going to be as passionate as a life-long diehard.

Were still young, I say just give it some time.

Were just now entering our second generation of fans.

(not to say we shouldn't be doing things to get people even more into it.

My wifes boss has Club seating. The most strait laced guy you have ever seen. He took me to a game once. He had on a pink button down shirt and penny loafers. He did slum though, he had on jeans. Thats my point. These people will never be rowdy. Not saying it is good or bad, just the way it is.

You can't lump them all in there like you are though. I sit in the Club Seats. Are there old folk? Yep. Are their bankers who sit on their hands? Yep. Are their people in jerseys who cheer and yell? Yep.

Anything sounds loud in a building as big as my closet. Not to mention there is nothing to do in the city of Raleigh. They need things like that or they'd all off themselves while playing in traffic. :wink:

73,000 people in one open stadium should be a hell of alot louder than 18,000 people in a closed arena. The arena excuse isnt going to fly. Cane fans are just louder and more passionate! Ive lived in both raleigh and charlotte. They are no different in terms of things to do. Thats just an excuse. Cane fans stand and cheer the whole game and wave flags. If you stand and cheer at a panther game the other fans call security on you. There is no comparison! Cane fans are just light years ahead of panther fans.

I was in first grade our inagural season, I think we're still in a first generation of fans. Most 2nd generation fans should still be babies unless you knocked up a girl at 16.

The canes have only been in raleigh for 10 seasons and already are considered to have the loudest arena in the NHL. The panthers are going into their 14th season in charlotte and still have one of the quietest. That excuse is past expired now!

I've never heard any other fan of any other team call us a wine and cheeser fanbase.

In fact, I've only heard that we have one of the meanest fanbases in the league.

Now I haven't been to many Panthers games personally, and we can obviously get better as a fan base, but the wine and cheeser nickname is self-given.

People also have to keep in mind that were still young, and that most of the fanbase are Redskins/Steelers converts.

A convert fan is almost never going to be as passionate as a life-long diehard.

Were still young, I say just give it some time.

Were just now entering our second generation of fans.

(not to say we shouldn't be doing things to get people even more into it.

Ive heard many other fan bases that have visited charlotte refer to us as whine and cheesers. I heard a guy call into SIRIUS NFL Radio who was a browns fan and said he came to charlotte for browns/panthers game a couple of years ago and he couldnt beleive how lousy the atmosphere was. He referred to us numerous times as whine and cheesers. I heard a buffalo fan call in and say the same thing after a preseason game here. We are definitely regarded league wide as a joke of a fan base.

Ive heard many other fan bases that have visited charlotte refer to us as whine and cheesers. I heard a guy call into SIRIUS NFL Radio who was a browns fan and said he came to charlotte for browns/panthers game a couple of years ago and he couldnt beleive how lousy the atmosphere was. He referred to us numerous times as whine and cheesers. I heard a buffalo fan call in and say the same thing after a preseason game here. We are definitely regarded league wide as a joke of a fan base.

I guess I would call sports talk radio and bitch about other fanbases if I had to root for a franchise as shitty as the Browns. Even worse for the Bills since they can't even keep their home games out of Canada.

Archived