• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk BoA Stadium

Panthersfan105

I know what RBC stands for!!! and the first time I saw it there, I was very surprised!!

I've been to BOA three times and ya, it was pretty quiet, I have to admit. Not to sound biased, Seattle is probably louder in the preseason than many stadiums are any time of year.

I'd be pretty excited if I was in a stadium that looked like a spaceship.:thumbsup:

I know what RBC stands for!!! and the first time I saw it there, I was very surprised!!

I've been to BOA three times and ya, it was pretty quiet, I have to admit. Not to sound biased, Seattle is probably louder in the preseason than many stadiums are any time of year.

That whole 12th man promotion really gets the crowd involved in Seattle...

That whole 12th man promotion really gets the crowd involved in Seattle...

this is very true! Pre game that place get's pretty electric, but when they unveil the flag, it doesn't even matter who the hell is raising it, that place goes fricken crazy!

TBH though, I don't think the problem is the fans. I mean come on, it's not cheap to go to pro sports events.. especially the NFL. Of course there are wealthy people there that aren't going to go in full body paint and be leading the section in cheering.

I just think a little more on the stadium side could be done to promote a more exciting atmosphere. I'll be the first one to say that we're not the loudest stadium all the time, but guys don't even pretend to kid yourselves like it can't get super loud in BoA when it matters.

The fans making noise does too. If the panthers were in a dome it would still be very quiet. I bet if you sat in the press box or the club seating and tapped on the glass every player on the field would still hear it.

What games have you been to lately ? I sit in the 4th row section 136 and it's loud where I'm at. Hell ,the Panthers went undefeated during the regular season at home last year. I go to Atlanta every year , You let the Falcons get down by a few points and the fans there will get up and leave in a second.

Haha you ******* 'Canes fans...honestly...go to a Hockey game in CANADA..hell even Montreal (as I am a Leafs fan). Raleigh? Please...

1. It's HOCKEY

2. It's IN DOORS

3. You went to the CONFERENCE FINALS (which BETTER be f'n loud)

4. Where have the fans been over the non-playoff years?

5. I like the 'Canes too

Ha, Carolina Hurricanes games, get your head out of your ass.

Have you even been to the RBC center? Something tells me you havent. So how can you comment on it if you've never been? Doesnt sound like its me who has his head up his ass.

1. Yes, I know its hockey. And Football is bigger than Hockey. So why is this hockey crowd light years better than our football crowd?

2. Im aware its in doors. The roof doesnt make noise. The fans do. If you put 20,000 panther psl holders in the RBC center the noise would be mediocre at best. Caniacs are loud, proud, and passionate. Panther fans are laid back.

3. Yes it was the conference finals. I guess you missed my point about how we were getting blown out and everyone stayed in their seat til the end and continued to cheer and make noise. BOA stadium was dead quiet by the end of the first half and the stadium was 2/3 empty by the end of the 3rd. Caniacs are loyal and stick with their team til the end. Panther fans leave when the going gets tough. The panthers dont even have to get blown out before the fans give up and evacuate.

4. Where have the panther fans been during the WINNING years?

5. Good for you!

Until you have experienced the RBC center for yourself then you cannot comment on this issue. Caniacs >>>>>> panther fans! If you had been to the RBC center then you would be honest with yourself and acknowledge this.

Was definitely mad hype at RBC in the playoffs, but like panthersphan said.. it was a playoff game. Yes, the support for the team is really good for being in the south and it being hockey, but to compare that to 3rd Qtr preseason hype level is insane.

Yeah, it didn't look earth-shattering loud at BoA when we scored on the first drive vs. Arizona... Uh huh..

edit. Panthersphan no reason to take this out on the Canes lol

Yes, it was loud in the first quarter of the playoff game against Arizona. I guess you also missed the part about how the cane fans stayed loud and stayed in their seats the whole game and stuck with their team even though we were getting blown out. I sure as hell didnt see that at BOA stadium when we were getting blown out.

TBH though, I don't think the problem is the fans. I mean come on, it's not cheap to go to pro sports events.. especially the NFL. Of course there are wealthy people there that aren't going to go in full body paint and be leading the section in cheering.

I just think a little more on the stadium side could be done to promote a more exciting atmosphere. I'll be the first one to say that we're not the loudest stadium all the time, but guys don't even pretend to kid yourselves like it can't get super loud in BoA when it matters.

Super loud? I can only name one sunday afternoon game where it was super loud and that was against New England back in 05. That was a very rare occasion. It gets loud for monday night games and playoff games too but thats the way it is all over the nfl.

Archived