• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk BoA Stadium

Panthersfan105

Ive been to every home game over the last 10 years and I can only recall a few games where the crowd was really good. Two of them were night games and the other was against New England. Other than that the crowd is usually dead wether we are winning or losing. I remember Jake talking about having to wake the crowd up during games. Joe Buck also mentioned during a game he did here that crowd noise was not a factor at our stadium. Everyone knows it that we have a quiet stadium. Its just a fact!

Domes are just louder. The idea that BOA is that quiet is silly. Been to the domes in St. Louis, Atlanta and New Orleans and they all were artificially louder.

If we are sucking, the noise level is not great. If we are doing well, then it does get pretty loud - I sit right down on the field and it definitely gets loud there.

This is pretty much right on...I've only been a PSL owner for six years but the place does get electric when the Cats are doing well.

Can we conduct a Huddle hearing test? This might clear up some of the debate.

This topic is so old, if you post here you aren't part of the problem. Give the old timers a break, they just can't yell like they used to. They'll die soon enough and younger folks will get their seats.

Patience....

Can we conduct a Huddle hearing test? This might clear up some of the debate.

This topic is so old, if you post here you aren't part of the problem. Give the old timers a break, they just can't yell like they used to. They'll die soon enough and younger folks will get their seats.

Patience....

I'm not so sure if you are right or not but I will agree with your avatar.

+rep for see through shirt

Another bad combo is you have a lot of self loathers and people who somehow still think they are so cool they can't possibly cheer or get rowdy.

But Uptown said it best. So many transplants here who go to watch football and not cheer per se.

It would be nice to be known for causing more illegal motions and offsides due to crowd noise.

The way I see it. I do what I can to get into a frenzy and try to get those around me whipped up. Grassroots effort..

Its not just a college crowd. Its a middle aged crowd too. I have sat mostly around older people when I go and they were all standing up screaming and cheering and waving cane flags and going nuts! Its really entertaining! Every time I go to a canes game I always wonder why we cant have this kind of atmosphere at the panther games. Its absolutely amazing! The atmosphere is so many light years ahead of the panthers. Not even close!

The younger folks provide the atmosphere at Canes games that make it acceptable for the rest of the people to want to jump around and scream. Panthers games don't have that unfortunately.

Well if you must know Ive been to 3 NFL stadiums in the last 2 years. Green Bay, Atlanta (twice), and Tennessee. Ive also been to Washington and Tampa. All much louder than BOA stadium! X clown seems to be in denial that our stadium is so damn quiet....

No, I'm in disbelief that someone who has nothing better to do than troll on message boards really has gone to as many sporting events as you claim to have.

Richardson plays the ads because he paid for the stadium, lots of other teams play in stadiums owned by the municipality and don't have to worry about covering bills for the place. I'd sacrifice some noise for not having a stadium on my yearly tax bill.

NFC South stadium ownership:

Atlanta - State of Georgia

Carolina - Richardson Family

New Orleans - Louisiana Stadium/Expo District

Tampa Bay - Hillsborough County, Florida

There are many factors that keep us from being like "Philly Fan".

1. Charlotte is still a very small city and doesn't have any sort of an edge. Call it Southern Hospitality, the Bible Belt, or whatever you like, this just isn't a loud and proud (see: rude) city.

2. I'd bet half the stadium is filled with people NOT from Charlotte. This doesn't even include the number of fans supporting the other team. But week after week I'll talk to the people sitting around me and they're from Cary, Raleigh, Durham, sticksville, or South Carolina. For many of them it's their first game. They're in awe of everything and almost seem timid about cheering.

3. I will NOT give up my Club Level seats but I also sit with some elderly people. Of course they aren't going to go nuts. If we could replace the Upper Level drunks with some of the Clubbers, it'd help some...but I ain't giving up a seat and good luck getting them to trade away their expensive seat.

4. Jerry Richardson's Family Friendly Confines (as mentioned above).

5. Relocation City. So many people move to Charlotte from elsewhere and have their "first" team in their hearts for life and go just to see some football. Add that to the n00bs, the old farts, the Pretty People who go just to be seen (or is that "scene"), and the rival fans...and that saps lots of the energy up.

Give it time though. Once the kids of today who go have families and can teach their kids to love the team it'll slowly build a dedicated fan base. You don't become Philly Fan overnight and you can't become a Pittsburgh before at least 25 years.

I think you hit the nail on the head..It's going to take generations for us to build a great fan base.

GO PANTHERS................

Go to a canes game in Raleigh if you want to see a REAL sports atmosphere. They have a family atmosphere too. The only difference is the fans are LOUD and are very passionate and they stick with their team no matter what. I went to both games against Pittsburgh in the conference finals and everyone stayed in their seat the whole game and continued making noise even though we were getting totally blown out. The crowd also gave the canes a standing ovation after they were eliminated. Those are things you would NEVER in a million years see at a panther game. Its amazing how these two teams are only a couple of hours apart but the fan support is completely the opposite from each other.

That's because Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill has a collegiate atmosphere, and the fans there bring the same kind of intensity to pro games, even for sports like hockey, as they do for football and basketball games.

Whereas in Charlotte you have a bunch of geriatric old men and women from Jerry Richardson's bingo club who sit down the entire game and play pac man on their cell phones, which they don't even know how to text on, but yet they can play the aforementioned pac man.

Go to a canes game in Raleigh if you want to see a REAL sports atmosphere. They have a family atmosphere too. The only difference is the fans are LOUD and are very passionate and they stick with their team no matter what. I went to both games against Pittsburgh in the conference finals and everyone stayed in their seat the whole game and continued making noise even though we were getting totally blown out. The crowd also gave the canes a standing ovation after they were eliminated. Those are things you would NEVER in a million years see at a panther game. Its amazing how these two teams are only a couple of hours apart but the fan support is completely the opposite from each other.

Haha you ******* 'Canes fans...honestly...go to a Hockey game in CANADA..hell even Montreal (as I am a Leafs fan). Raleigh? Please...

1. It's HOCKEY

2. It's IN DOORS

3. You went to the CONFERENCE FINALS (which BETTER be f'n loud)

4. Where have the fans been over the non-playoff years?

5. I like the 'Canes too

Ha, Carolina Hurricanes games, get your head out of your ass.

It helps when the arena has a horn that blast ever time the crowd goes wild (when someone scores)

In hockey too, the suspense builds up and when someone finally puts one in the net the place erupts (it's not just the RBC Centre, trust me)

PS - Do 'Caniacs even know what "RBC" stands for? ...quick...don't google it!

Was definitely mad hype at RBC in the playoffs, but like panthersphan said.. it was a playoff game. Yes, the support for the team is really good for being in the south and it being hockey, but to compare that to 3rd Qtr preseason hype level is insane.

Yeah, it didn't look earth-shattering loud at BoA when we scored on the first drive vs. Arizona... Uh huh..

edit. Panthersphan no reason to take this out on the Canes lol

I know what RBC stands for!!! and the first time I saw it there, I was very surprised!!

I've been to BOA three times and ya, it was pretty quiet, I have to admit. Not to sound biased, Seattle is probably louder in the preseason than many stadiums are any time of year.

Archived