• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk BoA Stadium

Panthersfan105

You want to talk opposing fan bases showing up? Wait until the Pittsburgh, Phily, Buffalo, and Washington games this year. Our stadium will be over run by sweaty fat yankees and band wagoner southerners.

Which will make kicking their ass on the field that much sweeter.

Last year I went to Oakland and expected to be blown away by how rowdy it was in the stadium. I understand that the Raiders are not doing well, but really, our stadium is at least pretty full every game, and does get loud. McAfee had sections of the upper levels closed off, and the game was blacked out on local TV.

The Black Hole was awesome, everyone at the southern end zone wears black and costumes and all that - this kind of fan organized thing would be great to see. The tailgating scene was beyond belief, but it's easier to do all that when you are not spread all over a city.

I don't get why you think that's surprising. Canes games have tons of college kids. College kids are everywhere around Raleigh. Not so for Charlotte. And college kids can afford tickets to Canes games much more than Panther ones.

Its not just a college crowd. Its a middle aged crowd too. I have sat mostly around older people when I go and they were all standing up screaming and cheering and waving cane flags and going nuts! Its really entertaining! Every time I go to a canes game I always wonder why we cant have this kind of atmosphere at the panther games. Its absolutely amazing! The atmosphere is so many light years ahead of the panthers. Not even close!

You will never have a rowdy stadium as long as you have the PSL crap. The extra one time charge keeps the tickets out of the younger crowds hands. I am talking 18 to 35 year olds. They may go to a game or two but they are in the upper decks. They are the energy. The only people that can afford to go to the games lower level are the CEO type, IE "Wine and Cheese" 45 to 60. These people will never be rowdy. I go every year to the Falcons game and it is always one of the quietest stadiums I have ever been to. It is just a fact.

I'll take the PSL tradeoff. I am very happy that the team I support built the stadium with funds from the people who use it.

There are a lot of folks that bought the PSLs instead of going on vacations, or getting a boat or something, because they were passionate about having a team here. Yes there are a lot of folks who got tickets as an "investment" but a lot of them sell their seats to people wanting to go and cheer at the games (unfortunatlely opposing team fans but them too).

You will never have a rowdy stadium as long as you have the PSL crap. The extra one time charge keeps the tickets out of the younger crowds hands. I am talking 18 to 35 year olds. They may go to a game or two but they are in the upper decks. They are the energy. The only people that can afford to go to the games lower level are the CEO type, IE "Wine and Cheese" 45 to 60. These people will never be rowdy. I go every year to the Falcons game and it is always one of the quietest stadiums I have ever been to. It is just a fact.
I went to Atlanta the last two seasons and it was definitely louder than BOA stadium.

I'll take the PSL tradeoff. I am very happy that the team I support built the stadium with funds from the people who use it.

There are a lot of folks that bought the PSLs instead of going on vacations, or getting a boat or something, because they were passionate about having a team here. Yes there are a lot of folks who got tickets as an "investment" but a lot of them sell their seats to people wanting to go and cheer at the games (unfortunatlely opposing team fans but them too).

Me too. It certainly cuts out the underlying animosity between the team and the people who aren't fans (ala Charlotte Bobcats and TWC Arena).

That being said, if I ever win the lottery, my first purchase will be the 1st row end zone PSLs. I'm buying like 10 of them bitches. I also might trade in my sons college education for some PSLs. Whichever comes first.

The fans making noise does too. If the panthers were in a dome it would still be very quiet. I bet if you sat in the press box or the club seating and tapped on the glass every player on the field would still hear it.

My wifes boss has Club seating. The most strait laced guy you have ever seen. He took me to a game once. He had on a pink button down shirt and penny loafers. He did slum though, he had on jeans. Thats my point. These people will never be rowdy. Not saying it is good or bad, just the way it is.

Domes are just louder. The idea that BOA is that quiet is silly. Been to the domes in St. Louis, Atlanta and New Orleans and they all were artificially louder.

If we are sucking, the noise level is not great. If we are doing well, then it does get pretty loud - I sit right down on the field and it definitely gets loud there.

Archived