• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk BoA Stadium

Panthersfan105

Though I agree I still get tired of talking about this. Its not gonna change anytime soon so just wait for the next gen of Panthers fans and things will improve.

But I was pretty pleased over all with the crowds last year. Even the players mentioned how loud everyone was. It shows what a winning season will do.

Though I agree I still get tired of talking about this. Its not gonna change anytime soon so just wait for the next gen of Panthers fans and things will improve.

But I was pretty pleased over all with the crowds last year. Even the players mentioned how loud everyone was. It shows what a winning season will do.

You are so right about 'what a winning season will do'.....it was an incredible feeling winning every home game last season and you could see that in everyones face as you were leaving the games!

PS - we REALLY gotta stop the "BLACK/WHITE" chant that the prissy little cheerleader does...it's so f'n wimpy!!!

The rest of this thread is a tired old debate - but seriously this was one of the worst ideas the people in charge of game day activities have ever had.

When I was in high school and still living in the charlotte metro area I went to every game and we had tickets at about the 30 yd line in the lower level, and I must say the fans kind of sucked down there. Every week the woman behind me would ask me to sit down. And every week I would tell her no. Who sits down at a football game?

Go to a canes game in Raleigh if you want to see a REAL sports atmosphere. They have a family atmosphere too. The only difference is the fans are LOUD and are very passionate and they stick with their team no matter what. I went to both games against Pittsburgh in the conference finals and everyone stayed in their seat the whole game and continued making noise even though we were getting totally blown out. The crowd also gave the canes a standing ovation after they were eliminated. Those are things you would NEVER in a million years see at a panther game. Its amazing how these two teams are only a couple of hours apart but the fan support is completely the opposite from each other.

Go to a canes game in Raleigh if you want to see a REAL sports atmosphere. They have a family atmosphere too. The only difference is the fans are LOUD and are very passionate and they stick with their team no matter what. I went to both games against Pittsburgh in the conference finals and everyone stayed in their seat the whole game and continued making noise even though we were getting totally blown out. The crowd also gave the canes a standing ovation after they were eliminated. Those are things you would NEVER in a million years see at a panther game. Its amazing how these two teams are only a couple of hours apart but the fan support is completely the opposite from each other.

The biggest issue with the fans at BOA has to do with the the ownership. The CPI, HT, Duke Energy, etc. ads need to go. Go to other stadiums and the timeouts, etc.. are filled with rock music, messages on the screens to get loud, etc.

Our fans are ready to bust out and be loud. The ownership needs to create an opportunity for this to happen.

There are many factors that keep us from being like "Philly Fan".

1. Charlotte is still a very small city and doesn't have any sort of an edge. Call it Southern Hospitality, the Bible Belt, or whatever you like, this just isn't a loud and proud (see: rude) city.

2. I'd bet half the stadium is filled with people NOT from Charlotte. This doesn't even include the number of fans supporting the other team. But week after week I'll talk to the people sitting around me and they're from Cary, Raleigh, Durham, sticksville, or South Carolina. For many of them it's their first game. They're in awe of everything and almost seem timid about cheering.

3. I will NOT give up my Club Level seats but I also sit with some elderly people. Of course they aren't going to go nuts. If we could replace the Upper Level drunks with some of the Clubbers, it'd help some...but I ain't giving up a seat and good luck getting them to trade away their expensive seat.

4. Jerry Richardson's Family Friendly Confines (as mentioned above).

5. Relocation City. So many people move to Charlotte from elsewhere and have their "first" team in their hearts for life and go just to see some football. Add that to the n00bs, the old farts, the Pretty People who go just to be seen (or is that "scene"), and the rival fans...and that saps lots of the energy up.

Give it time though. Once the kids of today who go have families and can teach their kids to love the team it'll slowly build a dedicated fan base. You don't become Philly Fan overnight and you can't become a Pittsburgh before at least 25 years.

Charlotte is NOT a small city.

The biggest issue with the fans at BOA has to do with the the ownership. The CPI, HT, Duke Energy, etc. ads need to go. Go to other stadiums and the timeouts, etc.. are filled with rock music, messages on the screens to get loud, etc.

Our fans are ready to bust out and be loud. The ownership needs to create an opportunity for this to happen.

I agree with the first paragrah. Every stadium/arena I have ever been to they play Metallica, ACDC and alot of harder stuff and they do alot of stuff to get the fans involved. BOA continues to play crappy bubble gum music and they do nothing to get the fans involved. For whatever reason Jerry wants a very conservative and boring mickey mouse kind of atmosphere instead of a die hard fan base.

I dont get the sense that crowd is ready to explode. Not when half of them are wearing loafers and kakis with their polo shirts all tucked in.

I agree with the first paragrah. Every stadium/arena I have ever been to they play Metallica, ACDC and alot of harder stuff and they do alot of stuff to get the fans involved. BOA continues to play crappy bubble gum music and they do nothing to get the fans involved. For whatever reason Jerry wants a very conservative and boring mickey mouse kind of atmosphere instead of a die hard fan base.

I dont get the sense that crowd is ready to explode. Not when half of them are wearing loafers and kakis with their polo shirts all tucked in.

I am not ready to throw the fans under the bus until I see what they can do if they are put into the right atmosphere.

I have to agree with this as well. My first Panthers game at BoA was last year and I was freaking out just seeing the team in person and actually being in BoA. However, I was really disappointed by the advertisements and the cheesy cell phone/VIP grocery member contests. That really took away from the atmosphere and it doesn't matter if you're in Philly, Green Bay, or Oakland, you can't have that kind of stuff sucking the tensity out of the air every tv commercial or timeout.

I appreciate the family friendly environment the FO wants to create, but you can have that and still host a game that keeps the crowd pumped.

I don't get why you think that's surprising. Canes games have tons of college kids. College kids are everywhere around Raleigh. Not so for Charlotte. And college kids can afford tickets to Canes games much more than Panther ones.

Archived