• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk BoA Stadium

Panthersfan105

We have a duty as fans to do better than we have been. I love my Panthers, I'm sure you love your Panthers and those of you who also attend games would agree. I just see no continuity with fans other than the random hand slapping and corny D-Fence teamed with the occasional 'Wave'.

Their are MLS teams like the NEW EXPANSION MLS Seattle Sounders that are putting us to shame. Small example:

What i'm proposing is we all put our heads together and get something going. Lets get a fun atmosphere going, the atmosphere in the bowl is weak. Lets kick the "Wine and Cheeser" label we're given and give the team something to get pumped up about...

Kinda corny, may have been said before but...

We need some music from Dope, Static-X, Machine Head.....Cheerleaders that look like strippers....macho man randy savage doing the stadium commentary....black endzones...security guards outside assigned to punch the taint of opposing fans....teams will fear us when they come to our house!!!!....

Oh f*ck sorry....I forgot Richardson is still the owner there for a minute....send in the playlists of music that was old 15-20 years ago, lets continue having cheerleaders that look like horses with conservative style outfits. Don't want any kids to see any boobage.... Lets have security guards around to tell you to sit down, be quiet, and keep your shirt on. Our stadium should be a family freindly environment with rainbows and fluffy bunnies.

...Oh we already have that?...Well, looks like our work is done!

Welcome to the forum Panthersfan105, but I've never understood these types of posts. Do the crowds suck at BoA Stadium usually? Yes, of course. Do the FANS suck? NO, not in the slightest.

What you have at BoA Stadium are Panthers fans (usually the majority), fans of the opposing team (can wildly vary in number), and the wine and cheese crowd that is usually wealthy and there to be seen.

When people make posts like these, you're preaching to the choir. The people that take the time to visit forums like this and read this are already loud and rowdy at the stadium. The people you're talking about really don't give a poo about the Panthers and don't care if the stadium atmosphere usually sucks.

As to the clip, what are they chanting? "Asshole"? I don't see that happening at BoA Stadium any time soon on a large scale. I'd love for our fans to be known for something, but that is still a ways off with the crowd that makes up the stands on Sundays.

We need some music from Dope, Static-X, Machine Head.....Cheerleaders that look like strippers....macho man randy savage doing the stadium commentary....black endzones...security guards outside assigned to punch the taint of opposing fans....teams will fear us when they come to our house!!!!....

Oh f*ck sorry....I forgot Richardson is still the owner there for a minute....send in the playlists of music that was old 15-20 years ago, lets continue having cheerleaders that look like horses with conservative style outfits. Don't want any kids to see any boobage.... Lets have security guards around to tell you to sit down, be quiet, and keep your shirt on. Our stadium should be a family freindly environment with rainbows and fluffy bunnies.

LOL! As much as I like Jerry Richardson when it comes to putting quality players on the field, you're exactly right about the stadium atmosphere. It won't change until the ownership changes hands and then who knows since it will merely be passed to his son.

Welcome to the forum Panthersfan105, but I've never understood these types of posts. Do the crowds suck at BoA Stadium usually? Yes, of course. Do the FANS suck? NO, not in the slightest.

What you have at BoA Stadium are Panthers fans (usually the majority), fans of the opposing team (can wildly vary in number), and the wine and cheese crowd that is usually wealthy and there to be seen.

When people make posts like these, you're preaching to the choir. The people that take the time to visit forums like this and read this are already loud and rowdy at the stadium. The people you're talking about really don't give a poo about the Panthers and don't care if the stadium atmosphere usually sucks.

As to the clip, what are they chanting? "Asshole"? I don't see that happening at BoA Stadium any time soon on a large scale. I'd love for our fans to be known for something, but that is still a ways off with the crowd that makes up the stands on Sundays.

Yeah, I hear ya. I know most people here are the ones that generally don't have problems doing what fans should do inside the stadium. I'm thinking more along the lines if we could get some kind of organized thing going it just might catch on. Heck...we might even get a replay if we show we get pissed off or cheer loud enough this season. Hey if we can get a few cheesers to actually cheer to look cool than great!

I've just been to other stadiums in all sports and know soccer very well, the more I reflect the more I realize how piss poor our home fans are. I think if we get something organized we can actually change part of the culture surrounding.

They are chanting "seattleeeeee" than "sounderrrrrsssss". An expansion MLS team is putting us to shame...

I've suggested this before but I think it would be cool if the FO had prowling panther statues(similar to the ones at the front entrance) placed around the stadium. Maybe a couple over the seating enterances, and have one or two in the prowling position at the top of the stadium, maybe have there eyes glow blue on a 3rd down stop.

I don't know I just thought it would be cool. It would give it a more at home feel. Black end zones ftw too.

There are many factors that keep us from being like "Philly Fan".

1. Charlotte is still a very small city and doesn't have any sort of an edge. Call it Southern Hospitality, the Bible Belt, or whatever you like, this just isn't a loud and proud (see: rude) city.

2. I'd bet half the stadium is filled with people NOT from Charlotte. This doesn't even include the number of fans supporting the other team. But week after week I'll talk to the people sitting around me and they're from Cary, Raleigh, Durham, sticksville, or South Carolina. For many of them it's their first game. They're in awe of everything and almost seem timid about cheering.

3. I will NOT give up my Club Level seats but I also sit with some elderly people. Of course they aren't going to go nuts. If we could replace the Upper Level drunks with some of the Clubbers, it'd help some...but I ain't giving up a seat and good luck getting them to trade away their expensive seat.

4. Jerry Richardson's Family Friendly Confines (as mentioned above).

5. Relocation City. So many people move to Charlotte from elsewhere and have their "first" team in their hearts for life and go just to see some football. Add that to the n00bs, the old farts, the Pretty People who go just to be seen (or is that "scene"), and the rival fans...and that saps lots of the energy up.

Give it time though. Once the kids of today who go have families and can teach their kids to love the team it'll slowly build a dedicated fan base. You don't become Philly Fan overnight and you can't become a Pittsburgh before at least 25 years.

Their are MLS teams like the NEW EXPANSION MLS Seattle Sounders that are putting us to shame. Small example:

Seattle and Toronto FC have absolutely GREAT fans...but I think the departure of the SuperSonics kind of fueled the fire to them being so rowdy, though I can guarantee you they'd still be pretty damn crazy....Not to mention Seattle is playing Chelsea in that video...They better be pumped! I know the Shehawks have the "Seeeeeeeeeaaaaa"------->"Haaaaaaaaawwwwwks" chant like the Tar Heels do...

I've been to a Toronto FC game and pretty much you go to the game to get absolutely obliterated and scream for the city of Toronto and watch a sporting event. They have set chants (like during a certain time, which is the same time in the game in which the first goal in TFC history was scored, the whole crowd yells out the name (could be number) of the player who scored it) The MLS has really caught on in both cities and it's great to see...Vancouver and Portland are next in line to get franchises...I want to see Montreal get an MLS team after them.

Check out TFC's website: http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/fans/gameday/

They have a Chants section for fans to learn...now that's the kind of update Panthers.com needs!

But OP, I completely agree...I've started a couple of these threads before but here at The Huddle, you're pretty much preaching to the choir.

What it's really going to take is - no offense to the older fans, b/c I know some of you are ******* nuts for our team - the younger generation of fans to grow up and be the ones w/ PSLs...All (well damn near every one of us) of the younger fans are wild and don't tend to abide by Ol' Jer's rules of no trash talking and rowdiness and all that good stuff about a live football game.

But it comes down to the fact that Jerry promotes the "Wine and Cheese" atmosphere and I hate to say this, I really do, but along w/ the former it may take for Jerry to pass for things to really change...

Like me and my buddies who tailgate prior to every game and all that great stuff to really experience the Panther Pride and fun that gameday brings...I've been fortunate enough to have been friends w/ two great guys. Their father (who has never tailgated at a game) has had PSLs since 96 (section 105, damn good seats) and wears his 'golf-like' Panthers shirt and ball cap, get a Coke not Beer, and cheer his team...though he doesn't get too loud, and for sure doesn't get rowdy, he f'n loves the Panthers w/ all his heart but in all honesty doesn't give the team the energy they need to fully achieve 'home field advantage'..For some it takes more than just heart to propel "The Vault" to the feared elite home field status...maybe heart and about 10 beers :P

BoA could use a few fights per game in the crowd. :lol:

I've seen plenty of fights in the upper decks through the years...but definitely more in the 90s compared to now IMO

But I will say this, it did piss me off during the MNF game that I had 3 Bucs fans trying to beat my ass (even though my friend was down from Toronto was a Bucs fan) literally one of them said "You think you're safe, in your 'home'? We're gonna beat your ass." as I laughed in his face and watched Double Trouble run all over their sh¡t team...I tried to get "security" on these fools and the guy completely brushed me off multiple times (after the "security" had once told me to "Settle down a bit" earlier in the game)

Though, I AM sick of being told basically to not shed all my support and energy to our team in our own stadium and then having some scum ass Bucs fans, who might I add were not in their own seats, curse and fly his spittle in my face as he instigates a fight (which I was never going to do) while securirty rolls their eyes at me as I try to get these fools the boot....THAT FOR SURE NEEDS TO CHANGE!!!

Sorry for my rant =)

Archived