• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We only beat one team with a winning record this season

gettlemanjack

explain how we are worthy to be in the playoffs after only beating one team with a winning record and finishing with a losing record ourselves

Because we are division champions and we don't make the schedule. 

I could easily say that teams have better records because they play easier competition.

What is your point?  No one has a crystal ball and knows how teams are going to compete on any given Sunday.  Is it fair that teams must play while affected by injuries, or don't have their best players due to drugs, questionable behavior, stupidity or whatever?  The lines of competition must be drawn somewhere.

Are you suggesting that divisions and conferences don't matter and should be done away with altogether?  I don't think that would go over to well with fans, at all.

Are you suggesting that the NFL season should be expanded so that every team can play every other team, because in theory that's the fairest way to judge all the teams?  I don't think the players would go for this scenario either.

Every year teams with lesser records get in over some teams that have better records. That's just the nature of the beast. Like I said, no one has a crystal ball.  And there are too many other things to take into account---other than record---to justify tinkering with a system that has obviously worked for decades.

And homers around here think we are winning the superbowl. 

I seriously hope they are joking. No sane person can honestly think we are winning the superbowl this year. 

Would take a fugging miracle and complete turnaround from the product we put on the field all year. 

Who has said they think we are winning the Super Bowl?

Most have said something along the lines of "Anything can happen" and "Records don't matter anymore"

Who has said they think we are winning the Super Bowl?

Most have said something along the lines of "Anything can happen" and "Records don't matter anymore"

Exactly.  How many times in recent years has the best team during the regular season won the Super Bowl?  Lately, more often than not, it's been a team from the Wild Card round.  

That doesn't mean we're going to do it, but with our current defense and running game, we have a great chance to go on a roll in the playoffs.  

Archived