• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, I guess it's true what they say about the NL...

shinner

Smoltz in his first start with the Cards:

5.0 innings

3 hits

9 strikeouts (7 in a row)

0.00 era

He never approached this kind of outing pitching for Boston....hell, he didn't come close to this pitching against the Nationals!

Sure looks like the opinion that it's easier to pitch in the NL is true.

Smoltz in his first start with the Cards:

5.0 innings

3 hits

9 strikeouts (7 in a row)

0.00 era

He never approached this kind of outing pitching for Boston....hell, he didn't come close to this pitching against the Nationals!

Sure looks like the opinion that it's easier to pitch in the NL is true.

Someone seems bitter...............

Someone seems bitter...............

duh...what's not to be bitter about? I was a big fan of his but now I desperately want to see him crash and burn. If he went to STL to be a starter I'd not be as annoyed but the jagoff accepted that he'd go to their pen....something he outright refused to do in Boston. Yeah, that annoys me.

duh...what's not to be bitter about? I was a big fan of his but now I desperately want to see him crash and burn. If he went to STL to be a starter I'd not be as annoyed but the jagoff accepted that he'd go to their pen....something he outright refused to do in Boston. Yeah, that annoys me.

Accepted after he was humiliated and essentially cut in Boston. Big difference.

Accepted after he was humiliated and essentially cut in Boston. Big difference.

He had nothing bad to say about his treatment by the GM or the organization. The only thing humiliating about his stay in Boston was the way he pitched (which he basically, acknowledged)....and he wasn't essentially cut. He was asked to restructure his bloated contract and pitch from the pen....but apparently he's too good for that. AND, if Boston wasn't responsible for most of his contract he might not have found a job in the NL either. Boston signed him for way too much, no argument there.

He had nothing bad to say about his treatment by the GM or the organization. The only thing humiliating about his stay in Boston was the way he pitched (which he basically, acknowledged)....and he wasn't essentially cut. He was asked to restructure his bloated contract and pitch from the pen....but apparently he's too good for that. AND, if Boston wasn't responsible for most of his contract he might not have found a job in the NL either. Boston signed him for way too much, no argument there.

Reminds one of Manny last year.

Reminds one of Manny last year.

Except that Manny forced his way out via quitting on the team, attacking an old man and faking injuries. other than that, yeah...exactly the same :rolleyes:

Oh, I almost forgot....and badmouthing the organization every time there was a mic stuck in his face.

Well actually I was referencing your reaction. :rolleyes:

:smilewinkgrin:

What can I say, I'm a team guy....team comes first and I really don't appreciate those who put themselves above the team. Same reason I can't stand any of the showboaters in the NFL.

Archived